What's new
If any of the aussie crew find any 660 / 680 / 760 gpu for one of these units not going for crypto craze prices, please let me know as i need another gpu to try to eliminate a problem with my unit. Murray i think i was speaking with you on emuline about my gpu issue (one fan spinning only/system rebooting at random intervals of like 10-20 mins), you're a wealth of knowledge!

If I'm not mistaking, random reboots are unavoidable when using the multi.
Mine does it as well.

If I'm not mistaking, random reboots are unavoidable when using the multi.
Mine does it as well.

well that is indeed interesting because my unit appears to run just fine until about 20 mins into a session, so sounds like it could be just that. I may just bite the bullet and shelve the mobo and replace it with a vanilla matx board.

anyway for now my x2 is doing duty again in the cab, shame to let it go to waste :)

It depends on what multi you are using.

If you made one yourself using Windows 10 as a base, then you won't get reboots at random. If you made one using one of the original game Windows installs as a base, then there is a high chance you will get random reboots, the JVS timeout/reboot system (feature) is built into original game images, some but not all.

However.. IF you are using joehowse version of fastio2kb for controls, this has jvs timeout prevention built into it, so this will actually stop the random reboots happening on the Windows image that have it built in. Best way to build a multi is to install yourself Windows 10, the LSTC branch is best, and then just use artfates nesica styled menu to boot at startup.

You can either use fastio2kb for fastio controls, or you can use nikos jvs2kb for jvs controls.

is the original version a windows embedded / iot variant? If so this is sounding susiciously like a windows activation issue. I believe when embedded variants of windows go into trial mode (which likely kicks in when putting the drive in another system which it wasnt installed activated on) it will indeed reboot every 20 mins by design.

i know it certainly applies to windows 7 embedded but given the obsevations it actually seems like the same thing. eg. https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/F...nt-restart-for-my-we7-system?forum=quebeceefs

For my Tekken 7 multi i setup (Tekken 7/FR/Round 2 i patched myself to run without security on ES3 units) i used a Windows 7 Pro, and manually added UFW for read only partition, and added an activator that auto re-activates when needed. Bypasses the whole deal with embedded which is more a one shot serial on install if i remember correctly.

@Murray Did you replace the PSU fan?

What are the sizes for the case fan and CPU fan? Thanks.

sup, new to my TTX3... there's no way to run 2p on any TTX3 fighters right?

is the original version a windows embedded / iot variant? If so this is sounding susiciously like a windows activation issue. I believe when embedded variants of windows go into trial mode (which likely kicks in when putting the drive in another system which it wasnt installed activated on) it will indeed reboot every 20 mins by design.

i know it certainly applies to windows 7 embedded but given the obsevations it actually seems like the same thing. eg. https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/F...nt-restart-for-my-we7-system?forum=quebeceefs

For my Tekken 7 multi i setup (Tekken 7/FR/Round 2 i patched myself to run without security on ES3 units) i used a Windows 7 Pro, and manually added UFW for read only partition, and added an activator that auto re-activates when needed. Bypasses the whole deal with embedded which is more a one shot serial on install if i remember correctly.
Does your tekken 7 fr round 2 version is 4.01?

Looks good Murray. Curious where you plan to mount the drive, probably not much clearance above the CPU fan is there?

Hello
This is exactly the edit I wanted to do.
Possible to have a photo of the io / mo connection ?
Thx

ps: sorry my english is bad

That looks like a real nice m-ATX board with loads of features. HDMI/VGA/DVI, PS/2 connection!? and two onboard M2 slots, nice.

What version of windows are you running on it? how are you controlling the shutdown of it or does it have that version of windows that doesn't require a proper shutdown? (cant remember what that version is called).

Looks good Murray. Curious where you plan to mount the drive, probably not much clearance above the CPU fan is there?
Well if you don't mind forking out for them that motherboard has two M2 slots so you could just use one of them.

I just got in a Type X3 Puzzle and Dragons Battle Tournament.

I can get it to boot up, but it crashes at the FAST IO screen (probably because I don't have any of the necessary equipment to run Puzzle and Dragons). I was hoping to turn this into a multicade so I can either have a system for running arcade games I like to play or get it to the point where someone else would like to use it as a multicade.

Push comes to shove if there's something about Puzzle and Dragons that makes it a poor choice for a multi-cade, I can see if any of my local places need the Puzzle and Dragon guts and I can swap my gaming PC into it.

The only differences between the models are the graphics card, processor and RAM. You can upgrade yourself. Here is the video of a multi ttx3 made by 2 people.
I use it on the original material in jvs. (possible in fast Io or home usb connector)

Voir : https://youtu.be/4-mPWHgTmCU

Last edited:
You have to pay money to get access to this one? I tried to get the download but you have to pay money to be able to download it? Or am i missing something? ?(
Yes that one you need to pay...

Does anyone have a PSU to recommend that can power the universal fast io board? Looks like a 4 pin connector. Ive seen the posts showing what voltages it requires, but I would rather just buy the proper part (as eventually these will become backups to a real machine, years from now theoretically :P)

Does anyone have a PSU to recommend that can power the universal fast io board? Looks like a 4 pin connector. Ive seen the posts showing what voltages it requires, but I would rather just buy the proper part (as eventually these will become backups to a real machine, years from now theoretically :P)
Did you mean this fastio? Take care that i have soldered red cable to the yellow cable to obtain dual +12, all powered by the internal atx power supply.

Attachments

• IMG_20210223_093038-2.jpg
    IMG_20210223_093038-2.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 167
Did you mean this fastio? Take care that i have soldered red cable to the yellow cable to obtain dual +12, all powered by the internal atx power supply.
Yep, mines a different IO board but same idea. I figured I could grab the power internally from the X3, but was hoping to just grab a proper cabinet power supply if possible.

Specifically, Im working on Theatrhythm, so I dont know if the touch screen board has separate power or if that is just USB for power and data. Not the best documentation out there :)

If I wanted to keep Fast IO, could I use any motherboard, GPU, etc as long as Fast IO is on board using Niko's Multi? Or am I limited to original hardware specs?

To owners of MSI GPU cards on the TTX3:

So the FANS on the MSI GPUs like GT640, 660 and 680 hardly spin?

Back