What's new

Dreamstate

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all,
I have wanted to get my Multi Working for years, but I was having issues with graphics originally and I thought it might be the board. I finally took it back out to look at it and now even the original game does not seem to work. Turns on, but nothing happens after that. I can tell the Multi to load a new game and it seems to do that fine, so now I am really thinking it is a Motherboard issue. Anyone in the US willing to look at this?

I'm not in the US but have had good results with F3 repairs
So long as it's not got any sound issues should be no problem - the sound section is brutal :D

Any idea what it might cost to ship to the UK and any idea what it would cost? Just looking for ball park numbers here. Thanks for the response either way!

UPDATE - Actually, I recently picked up an OSSC and I found a number of folks explaining how the F3 + HAS + OSSC via SCART does not work. SOOOO, I put the original board back on the Motherboard and plugged it directly into my Jamma Cabinet. Works Perfect! Now I am back to my original issue. When I try the Multi-Board, I get distorted Sprites on most games. I can upload some video and post links if you think looking at it will help you decide if it is more likely the Motherboard or the Multi-Board.

Actual Game - No problems
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r7k4371sqxt0pee/IMG_2165.MP4?dl=0

Darksoft Multi - Example Problem
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fwl0s8bvk7r2o5q/IMG_2167.MP4?dl=0

Last edited:
It's clearly a problem on the @Darksoft card if the original game card works.
I am sure he will have the correct advice here!

The pins between the multi and motherboard aren't making good contact. I've seen this multiple times when the region tabs haven't been completely removed.

You may need to grind these down further/remove more material to get a better connection.

Actually, that was the first thing I checked back when it was originally an issue. There just isn't anything else I can see that can be removed. I do another once over tonight, though.

Even if it doesn't look like it it doesn't take much, a stray bit that doesn't allow you to completely seat the multi board is enough.

Do you have photos you could share?

Took a bunch of pictures, but it is so hard to get pictures from a good angle. The pictures are good, but deceptive some times. I'll create a folder and share it from Dropbox later today. Thanks for the help.

Simple way is to press down hard on the connector areas when it's running and see if the GFX magically come back ;)
Real way is test all the pins with continuity....

Simple way is to press down hard on the connector areas when it's running and see if the GFX magically come back ;)
Real way is test all the pins with continuity....
Your first point makes a lot of sense. I'll try that. As for continuity, I had not thought of that. So, what is the common as I touch each pin, or do I need to just touch the back of the pin on the board and the back of the pin on the multi that is across from it?

It's checking it 1 pin at a time with a meter, there is no quick way to do this.

I recall someone fixing an f3 by reflowing the caps. These are old and they may have cold solder joints.

So, I have tried pressing on the connectors and I have checked every pin's continuity. Pressing did nothing and the continuity is there for all pins. Graphics are clean on games like Bubble Bobble, but more advanced graphics continue to be messed up. So hard to troubleshoot without extra parts. If I had another Motherboard, I could try that and if I had a game other than Puzzle Bobble 4, I could try that to see if the graphics work with just it and the Motherboard. Anyone have either they are willing to lend for testing if I pay shipping both ways?

@Mitsurugi-w Any chance you would be willing to look at my setup if I sent it to you? I know you offered to look at the Multiboard a long time ago, but I never took you up on it.

Yeah. I can always take a look for you.

Back