What's new

mpatou

Student
Reaction score
Hi
I installed 2 multiCPS2 for friends recently, both are working good. BUT, on with one of them, the last played game starts automatically when the system is powered (just writing the decryption key, which takes about 0.5s), and the other fails to do so.

On this second one, the multi shows the key writing process (very fast, looks normal), the game doesn't start and I have a green screen (pale green I would say).
If I select the last-played game, it's loaded normally (flash writing process) then the game starts normally, as any other game.

The two ROM boards are not the same revision, I don't remember which ones, but one has the connector for the key writing cable (this board+multi fails to load on start-up), and not the other (the one that starts the last-played game normally when powered, I had to make some soldering to connect it).

I haven't tried the test-romset as long as loading and playing works perfectly in any other condition than the first loading on start-up.

Okay! I found the problem : below the romboard I used, there was an infinitykey CPS2. I thought the game was using a decrypted romset (Street Fighter ZERO2) as there was already no more battery :p
I removed it and now it works perfectly

Sorry for that :saint:

Back