What's new
can you copy palce16v8h info into a GAL16v8? This for a CPS1.

Thanks.
Yes but it needs to be dumped correctly (a PAL is protected) and converted into GAL

All CPS1 PALs have been dumped and converted already as far as I'm aware and are available on jammarcade
PALCE16V8 are often used in place of GAL16V8 because they have the same fusemap.So, most of times, you can use a PALCE16V8 in place of a GAL16V8 or viceversa.
A PLD (GAL or PAL) is not necessarily protected,sometimes you can find unsecured devices on arcade PCBs (especially Taito ones and bootlegs)

Last edited:
can you copy palce16v8h info into a GAL16v8? This for a CPS1.

Thanks.
Yes but it needs to be dumped correctly (a PAL is protected) and converted into GAL
All CPS1 PALs have been dumped and converted already as far as I'm aware and are available on jammarcade
PALCE16V8 are often used in place of GAL16V8 because they have the same fusemap.So, most of times, you can use a PALCE16V8 in place of a GAL16V8 or viceversa.A PLD (GAL or PAL) is not always protected,sometimes you can find unsecured devices on arcade PCBs (especially Taito ones and bootlegs)
This is what ive learned from @Hammy about gal16 chips ... PALCE16V8 are awesome . Hope on my next chips orders to find from where to purchase some . are the best gal16 chips ^^

Back