What's new

LittleLarrySellers

Professional
Reaction score
I have a MK1 board that started erroring out on POST with UE13 failing. To my horror, it is one of the main chips smack center of the board, not exactly a lightweight.

I decided to try reflow the pins even though I am still not confident with this fine pitch stuff.
I am not sure if I just worsened the existing fault but saw that one of the damn tiny fine pitch pads was lifted after my attempted reflow and I felt like Boogie Nights

I read the schematics and found where the pin was supposed to go and as you can see from my amateur attempt to use a bodge wire I carefully with a magnifying glass and tweezers managed to pull it off!

The bodge wire and reflowing the chip fixed the issue. I cold started it a dozen times and no error anymore and did bunch of soft reboots too and it seems to pass POST every time now!

Attachments

• mk1u13fix.jpg
    mk1u13fix.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 150
Nice job!

I had a Rampage World Tour fail on me, same deal (one of the large I think U33 or something chips).
These Midway PCBs are "creeky & cracky" and cold joint all the freaking time! :cursing:
I highly recommend the Highflow.NL cases both for consolidation and protection. :thumbup:

h6jR2R4.jpg

Back