What's new

war3zlod3r

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I recently purchased my first candy cab as a Blast City, I bought from a guy about 300 miles away and drove over and tested it out in his shop. We then took the locks out loaded it up and I brought it home last night, after trying to power it up nothing happens at all, no speaker on monitor pop, no lights, nada. I've tested the jamma edge connector and can't seem to get any current out of it or the connectors to the IO board. However if I plug something into the auxiliary power out on the PSU it gets power. I've check the kill switch and I have it disabled with a way of electrical tape at the moment. I'm not sure what else I can check please help me

Never mind I failed to properly disable the kill switch like a moron
It happens, my dude. Yesterday I was losing my shit because my Sega Naomi NetBoot setup was not working properly. I would power on the board and hear a loud grinding sound and nothing would appear. I ended up doing a ton of troubleshooting, replacing a case fan and it resulted I was just impatient. It takes about 5 - 10 seconds for anything to appear on the screen when powering on the Naomi.

I know what you mean! Is it normal for blast city cabs monitors to not be grounded? Touching the section of exposed metal near where the power and test switches are gives me a nice soft tingle and that didn't seem right.

I know what you mean! Is it normal for blast city cabs monitors to not be grounded? Touching the section of exposed metal near where the power and test switches are gives me a nice soft tingle and that didn't seem right.
It’s totally normal but recommended you ground it and run it off a step down converter.

just change the 2 prong plug to a three prong and fasten the ground the other other side of earth on the power box.

I add a crimp fork terminal to my ground wire but you can probably get away with looping the exposed ground wire underneath the screw.

It’s totally normal but recommended you ground it and run it off a step down converter.
just change the 2 prong plug to a three prong and fasten the ground the other other side of earth on the power box.

I add a crimp fork terminal to my ground wire but you can probably get away with looping the exposed ground wire underneath the screw.
The PSU I have is a 100VAC PSU so no step down is needed for me in the US

Which two prong plug are you talking about? I was planning on just using an 18 AWG wire with round connectors on either end and screwing it to the existing ground on my hinge and the other to a hole near the exposed panel.

look for the earth symbol on the back of the Power block.

Adhere your green wire there on the inside of the cab

Pardon me. I’m confusing it with the Astro PSU.

I believe the Blast is stock 3 wire with a pc cord connector on the power block.

I would follow the ground wire and make sure its connected.

I haven’t had a shock issue on Blasts, only Astro and Aero.

You're correct its 3 wire PC type, I don't get much shock just a tingle but yea, still makes me nervous. Do you think my solution is ok?

Back