What's new

mattsoft

Professional
Reaction score
Wasn't sure which forum to post this in, but...so I have a Vewlix cab with its control panel connected to a PC via an I-PAC2. The I-PAC2 presents the control panel as 2 Xinput compatible controllers which is perfect for the games I play: Windows fighting games (e.g., MK, SF, TEKKEN). While I know which button(s) on the CP are mapped to on Xinput (basically a XBOX controlled pad), when friends play, they have no idea. So I've been thinking about putting the XBOX button icons (e.g., A, B, X, Y) onto the control panel somehow, but am trying to keep it tasteful. Some options:
  1. A new control panel overlay
  2. Button inserts
  3. Button decals
I was curious if anyone has done something like this and if so, what did you do?

Last edited:
I'm down with the color coding, but I really don't care for the button labels/inserts at all.
Makes it look like a cheap Madcatz fightpad IMO.
pa.162468.1.jpg

Also (and I'm prob in the minority on this one) I HATE the wanabe-official IO panels.
Nothing about it looks even remotely like something Taito would make/release, again it degrades the visual presentation.
They are only useful for console gamers anyway, and why would you put a console inside an arcade machine in the first place? :huh: :thumbdown:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just discovered the Rbtamanini's thread on repro panels and saw that he did one for a HORI stick that has the XBOX button labels printed on the panel. It looks subtle, tasteful, and closer to original than translucent buttons, IMHO. I asked if he could do a L repro with those button labels and it sounds like he's up for it. :)

Back