What's new

AtariAussie

Beginner
Reaction score
Some months back I bought this on ebay. It looked fine on his end, but when I hooked it up to my Windycity Supergun I got this message. I don't have issues with phoenixed pcbs. I'm not sure when the issue is. I don't know if I can get the epromed board to work with my supergun or another supergun (contemplating one day getting a different one in the future). The seller sent the original chips, so I may take i to a local repair place and have the chips swapped. Unfortunately, I don't have the space or tools (apartment living yay!) to do any repair work myself.

Ideas and suggestions welcomed.

Hope everyone is having a safe and relaxing holiday.

Take care!

(Oh I apologise if this is the wrong place to post under).

Attachments

• RAM ok_copy.jpg
    RAM ok_copy.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 161
I'll try and reseat the chip according to this video. "How to re-seat arcade PCB chips : Intro to Arcade Repair" on YT

I hope no soldering is involved. If so I'll have to take it to the repair shop.

Thank you again. At least I have an idea where to start.

No soldering required. Just use a small flat screwdriver to carefully lift up on either side of the chip until it pops free of the socket. Blow on the socket (prefereably with canned air) to dislodge any dust or debris. Check the legs of the removed chip to make sure they’re straight. Set the chip gently back on top of the socket- make sure it’s oriented correctly (there’s a notch on one side of the chip that should face the same direction as what’s indicated on the board’s silkscreened label. Also make sure that none of the chip legs are bent or are poking out of the sides of the socket. Finally press the chip firmly down into place in the socket.

Back