What's new

FrAshi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got the CPS2 Multi CE from High Score Saves today. Seemed to install perfectly - followed the directions from the website and didn’t have any issues.

I’m using a no-battery X-Men v SF board, came with infinikey installed. Worked perfectly. All I did before following the install directions was remove the infinikey. (Do I need to do anything else?)

Using 64gb Sandisk formatted FAT32, with newest encrypted roll-up, but also tried old decrypted. Same exact results with both.

When I boot the CPS2 up, I get correct LCD screen activity. It seems to flash each game (according to LCD) and get to “OK, have fun!” Sometimes my tv screen resets its input (using supergun) and then I get the same thing each time - a dark color screen (dark green or dark orange - see pic.)

I did use the test romset - flash, verifying, very quick “programming key”, then “Ok, have fun” worked with both test roms.

Connections all seem good to me - came in good shape and I was careful installing.

edit: after some testing, I get SF2CE and SF2 HF working perfectly... and nothing else (that I’ve tested.) What the heck?

Anything I’m missing?

Thanks!

Attachments

• B10F9890-AF90-40A9-BC31-05468BFC319C.jpeg
    B10F9890-AF90-40A9-BC31-05468BFC319C.jpeg
    167.4 KB · Views: 121
  • E76C1E69-FA37-4ED9-9367-C1C23757B5DE.jpeg
    E76C1E69-FA37-4ED9-9367-C1C23757B5DE.jpeg
    334.1 KB · Views: 119
  • AAC2DBC5-E052-4D52-B932-4492E80AD71B.jpeg
    AAC2DBC5-E052-4D52-B932-4492E80AD71B.jpeg
    524 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
It seems some kits from highscoresaves were sent with faulty key writing wires. Check in with them perhaps. Have you tried unplugging the cable and testing with the decrypted set?

Thanks. Yup, I did see that cable issue but I’m pretty sure mine is ok - I checked that each wire was ligned up.

As a matter of fact somehow I just got it working for a second - SF2CE, just without sound...

Tried 2 other games and no luck...

Push down and make sure your A/B boards are nice and tight. Even hold them down before powering up to see if that helps and is the issue?

They sure seem nice and tight but I’ll keep trying, also going to try to replicate getting Sf2 CE working...

Lol I don’t know what’s going on but I can get SF2CE working - with sound. And nothing else (that I’ve tested.) ‍♂️

Dumb question. But have you turned up the sound on the CPS-2 using the buttons? Also check the game settings to make sure it’s Mono or Stereo depending on your setup?

Bump for any help? First post explains everything - installed CPS2 Multi CE last night and I can only get two roms from encrypted roll-up pack to work: SF2 CE & HF. Nothing else seems to work. Details up top.

Those games are hacks, and don’t use encryption (so no key writing is required)

try another game that doesn’t use key writing, like progear halfway to hell or one of the character unlock hacks for a capcom title. That could confirm key writing is the issue. If so then check your games to make sure KEY files are in each directory, and check your key-writing wires for continuity and that they’re connecting the correct points

That makes a lot of sense, thanks, will try and post results

@HighScoreSaves did you say there has been an issue with recent key writing cables? Not sure how they are supposed to go but for mine each wire simply go straight across to the same slot on the other connector, using slots 2-5.

Attachments

• 0B6AA5D8-7909-4DE8-9DDD-8D58EDAE0DEC.jpeg
    0B6AA5D8-7909-4DE8-9DDD-8D58EDAE0DEC.jpeg
    319.9 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
try another game that doesn’t use key writing, like progear halfway to hell or one of the character unlock hacks for a capcom title. That could confirm key writing is the issue. If so then check your games to make sure KEY files are in each directory, and check your key-writing wires for continuity and that they’re connecting the correct points
Ok, I’ve confirmed that the decrypted romset DOES work, not sure how I got that wrong earlier. Same with progear hth, etc. So seems like a key writing issue as you said.

Back