What's new

XianXi

Professional
Reaction score
The new JNX Big Red is a JAMMA to MVS board adapter.

-It converts JAMMA mono audio to Neo GEO MVS format.
-Supports a voltmeter as well as the Negatron for adding -5v to your JAMMA board. Adapter has a 3 pin socket to simply plug in the Negatron (not shown).
-Also lets you remap the JAMMA test button to MVS test, MVS select or even 2P start all via a single jumper.

In version 1.1, I'll be adding the stereo input headers.

I only have about 4 of these left as the first batch I only made 10. They are $28 each plus shipping, $5 for 1st class or $7 for priority mail in the US, $17 for 1st class and $34 for Priority for International.

Shoot me a message if you want one from the first batch, ready to ship.

Attachments

• j2m.jpg
    j2m.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 1,504
Nice work!

Maybe an idea in a following revision to add a 4 pin stereo header which is routed to the MVS L+R connections?
I have a similar adapter from jammaboards.com and I find myself using the stereo header quite often, e.g. with Konami pcb's with stereo header :)

Nice work!

Maybe an idea in a following revision to add a 4 pin stereo header which is routed to the MVS L+R connections?
I have a similar adapter from jammaboards.com and I find myself using the stereo header quite often, e.g. with Konami pcb's with stereo header :)
Yes, like mentioned, I'll be adding the stereo input headers in v1.1.

V1.1 coming soon.

-Added Stereo Support via 4 pin JST header
-Added Chamma(Chinese JAMMA aka Pandora 6 button pinout) support using jumper like on the Atlas

I'm trying to clear out the v1.0 boards at 25% off until I start stocking v1.1

Ever thought of integrating the spitfire with this board into one inline adapter? I love the spitfire and now need 2 of these V1.1.

Ever thought of integrating the spitfire with this board into one inline adapter? I love the spitfire and now need 2 of these V1.1.
Nah, there was no demand for it. I can always add the audio circuit to an existing Spitfire for JAMMA boards to work on an MVS multi-slot.

Version 1.2 of the Big Red, forgot 1.1 was the one with the jumpers that were wrong.

In version 1.2:

-Added Stereo Input Support
-Added JAMMA edge jumpers for use with a Pandora's Box/Game Elf type board playable in the MVS cab.
-Corrected Stereo jumpers, added parking slots for jumpers when not using stereo input

DLX Version shown.

These will be available very soon, I just have a very full plate right now with the newborn.

Thanks,
James

Attachments

• big-red-v12.jpg
    big-red-v12.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 697
what exactly are the extra's for? The negatron for instance

Negatron converts a +5v into a -5v line for those people with a power supply missing -5v

Mine showed up yesterday, thanks! Got some monitor issues with my Neo Candy 29 I gotta fix, but it's working well enough that I'll test it this weekend. Just ordered a CPS2->CPS1 kick harness adapter from you too, wish I'd known I needed it earlier lol. Grateful for your products though!

Can this also be used as a standalone voltmeter in mvs multislot cabs?

Id like to get 2 birds with one stone so to speak, so voltmeasuring my mvs cab and additionally converting jamma pcbs for use in my mvs cab

Back