What's new
Can this also be used as a standalone voltmeter in mvs multislot cabs?

Id like to get 2 birds with one stone so to speak, so voltmeasuring my mvs cab and additionally converting jamma pcbs for use in my mvs cab
It can only be used for JAMMA boards, you can't use it on MVS PCBs unless you use the stereo input header. But just remember if you use it for MVS PCBs that the test switch will not function since it's expecting a JAMMA pinout. but if you just mean to test the voltage in the cab, you can do that with a JAMMA PCB connected, always measure with a PCB connected.

I hope that was a clear reply. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Do you still have stock of these 1.2 ? Ship international?

just went on your site and tried to buy one, it said the item isnt avilable at this time. can i purchase that snk jamma adapter from you some how?

just went on your site and tried to buy one, it said the item isnt avilable at this time. can i purchase that snk jamma adapter from you some how?
I just sold the last one last night. I'll be getting more in just over a week.

Tried to order one but says "sold out" :(

Any idea when these will be available again?

In terms of inserting the negatron, which way should it be inserted in header CN2? Negatron component facing the voltage meter or away from it? I don’t want to insert it wrong and it looks like you can insert it both ways.

Do you have a multimeter? The pinout is labeled on the Negatron (it can also be seen here in the datasheet).

You just need to measure which contact on the header is outputing positive voltage. That contact goes to the Vin (Voltage in) pin on the Negatron.

Alternatively, if your multimeter has a continuity setting, you can look for continuity between the contacts on the header and jamma edge connector. You don't even have to plug it in.

Jamma pinout is here: https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/JAMMA

Thanks for your help. I have it sorted now. I didn’t have the data sheet, but have it now from JNX. your advice really helped. Negatron component side faces the right side of the JNX adaptor as it plugs in to the Jamma board.

Question: Given the ELF jumper/switch, are these CHAMMA compatible (multi game boards like the Pandora's Box)?

Question: Given the ELF jumper/switch, are these CHAMMA compatible (multi game boards like the Pandora's Box)?
Yes, the switch/jumper is for CHAMMA aka Pandora/Elf.

Gonna be putting in an order for Big Reds, PM me if you need one.

Back