What's new

Jontox

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Born in the late seventies, I grew up in a time where Arcade places where as common as Mc Donald fast food restaurant.
I built a custom Arcade Cabinet with all emulators you could find 10 years ago but my initial love and foremost respected arcade experience was the NEOGEO.

I thought it was the right time to consolized a MVS card (MV-1F) to be exact and acquired one a few days ago.
I was surfing the net and found out the amazing Darksoft Multi-Mvs project and this great forum place and here I am...

Cheers

Jontox

Toad.jpg

Welcome! I too miss the days of in the 80's and 90's where you could find multiple stand alone arcades here in San Jose.

Sure I liked some older (early to mid 80's) games, but for me the America arcade scene between 1988~1996 was just magical!
I miss the past, owning some of these classic games somehow makes it seem a little less distant.

People here have expressed similar feelings and dated themselves accordingly (yup most of us are GenX'ers, 1978 myself)...
It's been awesome to share ideas/projects with like minded individuals in a supportive (I'm looking at you Neo-Geo.com) community, welcome to the party. 8)

Sure I liked some older (early to mid 80's) games, but for me the America arcade scene between 1988~1996 was just magical!
I miss the past, owning some of these classic games somehow makes it seem a little less distant.

People here have expressed similar feelings and dated themselves accordingly (yup most of us are GenX'ers, 1978 myself)...
It's been awesome to share ideas/projects with like minded individuals in a supportive (I'm looking at you Neo-Geo.com) community, welcome to the party. 8)
o-BEER-CHEERS-facebook.jpg

lol. Friend of mine always makes sure everyone knows hes a gen-Xer and refers to Millennial as "that generation" Even though he was born in 1983. :huh:

I'ts pretty funny . You try to explain to him he's technically a Millennial and then your attacking his character. would rather loose a fist fight than admit to being a Millennial.

Sure, I hate people too, but that docent mean i get to be a Turtle. lol :P

image.png
Millennials-1.jpg

rQQp3Je.jpg

Last edited:
Some people can't understand that you had to wait 5 minutes for a game to load from a tape and that you actually enjoyed listening to the loading theme....well oh well, we are technological dynosaurs or what? 8)

Loading tape, man, memories. You could walk away, make a sandwich and what not and it would still be loading.

Like loading a multi 5-1/4" floppy disk game on a C64, the joys when it all booted and ran without a hitch, the sadness when mid game, you had to load the next disk and it would not read.

I actually use to love some of the intros on the cracked games during those times.

Dont get me started on dial up, 300-600 Baud rate anyone?! BBS - QLink service.

1986 I convinced my father to buy the fam (me) a new PC with this, running at a glorious 33Mhz, 80MB HDD,no sound card, it was extra. Had to save up for that and buy it myself. Video, I cant even remember.

220px-KL_Intel_i386DX.jpg

df455ad92185fd7741dc1eb3a146bf29.jpg

Back in my day: A "DJ" used Technics.

Back in my day: facebook and pop viral twitter advertising didn't kill every new music genre it touched.

Back in my day: you had to get your anime fan subs on VHS tape from some creepy guy at the comic store.

Back in my day: Using a computer meant you where a Nerd, and grounds for belittlement.

Back in my day : videogame press didn't use manufactured outrage and personal projection of reactionary, misdirected, social agendas into every story or review.

Back in my day: Pop music wasn't cool.

Back in my day : EGM was a magazine.

back in my day: Only kids played Pokemon.

not all of them can be funny. anyone else want to have a go?

Last edited:
I sometimes I like to take nostalgic google image searches through different dated aesthetics. SO interesting i know.

but man sometimes i wish i had PH skills. this would be great to put "Dark" in text above the soft and make it a @Darksoft gif. anybody? why hasn't this been a thing yet? Dark in like bright white, yellow, orange. like a setting sun inside text would look pretty sick.
cEfAusF.gif
1avijR-mm3Q.jpg

be all super synth wave. ummm.... Gated Square waves...Unicorns, Ferrari Testarossa and 80's futurism 8)
B8zsv4C.jpg
IEpAnVO.gif

Last edited:
Back