What's new
is the usb/jvs just a straight pass through.
Yes, seems to be a straight pass through.

Updated in the next post down.
also i think it being usb type a and b will be from before nesica and for an additional jvs io
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Most likely had a ton of these lying around and needed to still offload them.

Last edited:
Actually, it seems that this is another VS kit. This one does not support JVS, it is specifically created to support the RFIDs. There is another one that supports JVS.

very strange then. if it had 2 usb in ports then i would have guessed it was clamping the sense line so both could be used but from your other pics of the reader has 2 connectors which i guess 1 is in and 1 is out.

would it be possible to get some photos of the other side of the PCB. very intrigued at what this board is doing with the usb ports.

pictures leave so much to the imagination.

I find that most "VS Kits" are simply audio/video powered splitters, and the actual jvs 2p split is actually handled inside the software- a lot of Naomi and Namco games do this- just chain one JVS IO to another and you end up with the game seeing the chain, and taking one of the IO boards for one player and the second for the other player instead of both players off the same pcb.

From my experiences, usually the end of the chain is P1 and the closest is P2.

3VGXgna.jpg

Full view shot of the underside of the board.

YnAedmq.jpg

Close up view of the left portion of the underside of the board.

HEva1BQ.jpg

Close up view of the right portion of the underside of the board.

Last edited:
it is in the list in the ttx2 tab

it is in the list in the ttx2 tab
Oh sorry, I should clarify. It should be added to the NESiCA list. It's no longer available. I believe its game ID was 400100.

There are a number of titles that are no longer available.

ah sorry yea i know about them but they are identical to there ttx2 counterparts well kofmia is so omitted them from the nesica list. If any of the others are different let me know and ill add them

Following should be listed under TX2:
  • Aquarian Age Alternative
  • Battle Gear 4 Tuned Professional
  • Elevator Action Death Parade
  • Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting
  • Gaia Attack 4
  • Hopping Road
  • Hopping Road Kids
  • Lord of Vermillion
  • Lord of Vermillion 2
  • Lord of Vermillion RE2
  • Music Gun Gun!
  • Music Gun Gun! 2
  • Wacky Races
  • Yuukyuu no Sharin Eternal Wheel

i need Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting in my life
edit nvm uses dumbass controls lol

Last edited:
edit thats an old game and not this one cant find any footage of it, back to want lul

edit thats an old game and not this one cant find any footage of it, back to want lul
Yeah, like I mentioned before, there are A TON of deluxe cab games that utilize the TX2. The thing is that is the hardware and drives never usually leave the cab, they are usually sold altogether. It will take some years, but I'm pretty sure a number of them will be supported by MAME.

Hell do you know if KOFMIA2 ever seen the light of day past announcement.
I dont believe there was an official statement that it was canceled. so not sure if it made it to play test or not.

Hell do you know if KOFMIA2 ever seen the light of day past announcement.
I dont believe there was an official statement that it was canceled. so not sure if it made it to play test or not.
No, never came out. It was just announced, never a test. I've looked in to this. However, there is a proto NTSC-U version of SSS out there that never came out. There was only one location test at a local arcade I used to frequent. I am pretty sure I know the person who did the location test there and he might still have the drive. I won't see him for about another 9 months though... I was planning on asking him for it once I saw him again.

thanks for the info. dame internet never has reliable information ;)

Add Chabudai 1, 2, and Hoshi no Kyojin.

They're deluxe cab table flipping games that use the TX2.

added.

Hey if you have any of the games mention @Hellfromabove do you mind pm'ing me the 'software' reg file so i can pull the gid numbers

Back