What's new

Hackcell

Grand Master
Reaction score
Hi there,

I've been able to get via digikey AMP connectors to wire a Naomi 2 using the JVS board, however all connectors sold by digikey are white. The connectors used on the Sega harnesses are red, white, black yellow....
I was wondering if anybody knows where I can find AMP connectors in other colors different than white?

Thanks in advance!

poor man's version--> spray paint
if you want to go the DYI route then there is a product you can get in auto parts stores called "vinyl dye" that goes on like spray paint but actually soaks into the plastic. normal paint will actually build up on top of the plastic and either make it difficult/impossible to put the connectors together or not adhere to the plastic and flake off under bending/stressing/friction.

As for where to buy other colored connectors. Unless it's a connector that's used in a very common (read: non-arcade) application in that color, you'll typically have to special order it in that color, usually also requiring an order for several thousand parts in that non-standard color. If someone does know a source I'd love to know what it is so I can buy some myself... but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Last edited:
Like T says, get your dye on. They sell the spray on kind or packets to dissolve in distilled water and soak the parts. I used the spray on type when I used to do custom car interiors back in the day.

Back