What's new

iCEQB

Student
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a CPS2 A board where one of the B board connectors is broken ... these grey things here:

$

I can see a Capcom branding on them which is a bad sign for custom parts.
But maybe anyone here knows if they exist as common parts outside of the arcade biz as well? They look like simple DIN connectors (3row 36 pin) ... so I wondered if the connectors + the gender changer can be replaced with parts bought from the usual places like Digikey etc. ??

Thanks and regards,
iCEQB

Is the whole thing broken, or is it just one of the pins? I've heard of people using a needle or a similar sized piece of metal to replace the pin. Desolder the one pin, then replace with needle/metal.

Can't you just salvage one from a parts board? I think It would be much cheaper than a new connector (even if there exists one) from DigiKey or mouser etc.

Is the whole thing broken, or is it just one of the pins? I've heard of people using a needle or a similar sized piece of metal to replace the pin. Desolder the one pin, then replace with needle/metal.
Isn't that a gender changer ontop of a connector??

Can't you just salvage one from a parts board? I think It would be much cheaper than a new connector (even if there exists one) from DigiKey or mouser etc.
Got no parts board :D and we all can profit from spare parts which you can buy from everywhere else :)

Back