What's new

rtw

Champion
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I got hold of a Zero Gunner Model 2 PCB :D

Been working on the harness and today I managed to get everything together.

Only one snag I need a simple stereo amplifier, there are literally tons on them on eBay but I was wondering if someone here had a suggestion ?

PCB with components is OK as long as the input is RCA.

The Lepai LP-2020A+ is pretty much the go-to small/cheap amp. they're super cheap, they look nice and they have comparable quality to amps twice their price. I run one in my Kraylix cab

there are lots and lots of video reviews for this thing. I just picked a random one above.

Last edited:
Reactions: rtw
Thank you for the suggestion twistedsymphony :D

Fully agree with Twisted!

I use the same amp in my Cyberlead, good stuff :)

To be fair I've been looking for a comparable class-A or A/B amp; something that will trade off the LP-2020's low power consumption for a bit cleaner output, though I've yet to come up with a solid option.

if you're unfamiliar with Amp classes: http://www.audioholics.com/audio-amplifier/amplifier-classes

the LP-2020 is called a "Class T" which is a sub-set of Class D amps.

Last edited:
Reactions: rtw
Thank you for the AMP class description :D

I am also thinking about mounting a small amplifier on the harness itself so that I have a JAMMA solution.
I would of course do a proper stereo to mono with summing resistors like described here:

http://www.rane.com/note109.html

Anyone have any small amps to suggest for this purpose ?

I have a few TDA7297 based amps in my cabs that lack them. They're like a couple of dollars each on eBay.

They're stereo, they're 12V powered, they're small, they sound OK. The ones I have have headphone inputs, but you can just grab a RCA to headphone adapter.

I second the TDA7297. I also have a Lepai. Both work great.

Thanks for the heads up on the TDA7297 gentlemen :D

Back