What's new
I did not test this version yet but I tested the last version he sent me and it worked well with X/Y guns. Calibration was a bit difficult at first but afterwards P1 worked fine. P2 wasn't working yet so I'm interested to see the test results.

Version 11 seems to be 99.5% perfect. Someone else with a Naomi and X/Y gun can confirm my testing? Also, someone with an actual Naomi gun setup please test this?

Thanks for testing Mitsu, we need more testers please.

I will if you want but for the moment the chihiro is in the cab, i need to put a naomi in it... and test that...

I try to do that anytime soon :) (and thanks for your amazing work)

PS : So if it works that mean 4 new gun game for Naomi ? (Sports Shooting USA, Sega Clay Challenge, Extreme Hunting and Extreme Hunting 2 ?)

Last edited:
PS : So if it works that mean 4 new gun game for Naomi ? (Sports Shooting USA, Sega Clay Challenge, Extreme Hunting and Extreme Hunting 2 ?)
That's right, but I need testers please.

Yes... i try to put in place a naomi netboot setup this week, and i will give it a shot ^^

Version 11 seems to be 99.5% perfect. Someone else with a Naomi and X/Y gun can confirm my testing? Also, someone with an actual Naomi gun setup please test this?
My gun setup is completely dissembled at the moment but the only real difference between the NAOMI IR guns and mounted guns is the "screen out" signal for reloading. When the guns are pointed off screen it registers a button push so that when you pull the trigger it reloads; unless this game uses a dedicated reload "button".

Sport Shooting is shoot offscreen reload. So if the coordinates are off screen when you pull the trigger it will reload.

Sport Shooting is shoot offscreen reload. So if the coordinates are off screen when you pull the trigger it will reload.
if that's the case then it's possible that reloading may not work depending on calibration.

The IR guns will ALWAYS report an analog position between 0,0 and 255,255 when the gun sensor doesn't detect the screen it defaults to 0,0 and activates the "off-screen" button.

So if what you're saying is correct, if the calibration box happens to be inside the screen area on the top left corner the game will never detect "off-screen" and never allow for reload.

Last edited:
Fuck fuck fuck... I tried yesterday to put a naomi motherboard in my chihiro Vcop3 cab...
And all i could get is this annoying error 22 "COMMUNICATION ERROR OCCURRED BETWEEN MAIN BOARD AND OPTION BOARD."

But my DIMM is working good on my chihiro... maybe a bad naomi motherboard...

Maybe a Bad contact between Naomi and DIMM. Which game were you trying to load? All do the same?

I have cleaned the contacts, screwed them together... etc...
I dont had the chance to load a game, but when i send a game by netboot the motherboard reboot (like it normally do on my chihiro) but stay back on that error 22... strange thing

(but thanks for the input)

You may have the wrong keychip or be using the wrong transfer tool.

hUmm don't know... maybe but all my setup is working well with the Chihiro, i netboot all the games... It'll be strange if its working on Chihiro but not on a naomi ? It's basically the same thing, no ?

All i have seen weird on this naomi is a bad IC29 on the ram test

EDIT : sorry for hijacking the thread... i may need to start a new one and not polluting the tests for these aotmiswave games

Just curious if there was any other news from beta testers out there on these games?

As Santa always said,

"The more games the merrier"

:D

ok guys !!
tomorrow i try in my virtua cop 3 cabinet....
see you later!!

hi guys.
I have try the game the gun control after calibration it's good for player 1.
But the game after 15 minutes crash on my naomi 2....

Back