What's new
Thanks for info. I need to fine tune these conversions again.

type 2 gun , the original gun of virtua cop 3 upright in blue.

I'm getting a new naomi motherboard anytime soon.
I will test the 2 gun games, and make video if any problems (or even better if it works ;))

So... i have put in place a naomi setup in a Vcop3 cab ; i successfully netbooted lupin the third as i have a jap bios on it...
But the 2 conversions gave me a black screen with "COIN ERROR" on it and then rebooted to he naomi logo (in loop).

That's the first time i try to load an atomiswave conversion so maybe i'm missing a point (i have tried freeplay and 1 coin/1 credit settings)

So... i have put in place a naomi setup in a Vcop3 cab ; i successfully netbooted lupin the third as i have a jap bios on it...
But the 2 conversions gave me a black screen with "COIN ERROR" on it and then rebooted to he naomi logo (in loop).

That's the first time i try to load an atomiswave conversion so maybe i'm missing a point (i have tried freeplay and 1 coin/1 credit settings)
coin error probably means that your coin mechanism is not responding as expected. It can also be a bug in the conversion but I think @Mitsurugi-w tried and didn't report anything like that.

What's specific on atomiswave for the coin mech ? It works perfectly with naomi & chihiro games... fuck !

Yes i know i search too... ;(

But i had in mind that lupin has sometimes problems with the coin mech... and i had boot it up easily before testing your conv'

Rah... maybe a bios thing... will try another one or a multi when i get one...

Last edited:
In my testing Lupin the Shooting requires the coin counter signal to be present it must also be a Japanese bios and it must work with a type 1 or type 3 I/O (type 2, Capcom, or Sega JAMMA I/O will not work)

Yes i have all of that too... did you try the atomiswave conversion on this set up ?

I have been able to re-test with a multibios, all the naomi gun games works great (lupin, maze, confidential, crimson)
but i still have this coin error for the atomiswave conversion, then black screen and i can't do anything more ; must power off/on to retry another game

I have tried to unplug the cable connecting to the coindoor : same result

I have been able to re-test with a multibios, all the naomi gun games works great (lupin, maze, confidential, crimson)
but i still have this coin error for the atomiswave conversion, then black screen and i can't do anything more ; must power off/on to retry another game

Thanks for feedback. I'll try to fix it.

No problem :)

Maybe it's because i have a full set up... It's a deluxe so i have the board with service/test button + volume attached to the gun "tower"...

I just unplugged the cable going from this board to the coin mech.

No problem :)

Maybe it's because i have a full set up... It's a deluxe so i have the board with service/test button + volume attached to the gun "tower"...

I just unplugged the cable going from this board to the coin mech.
and...? What happen when you unplugged? Same behaviour?

Yes as i said earlier... but maybe it's all the test/service board i need to disconnect... i will try

(that was just to give you some backgrounds/thought on my tests...)

Yes as i said earlier... but maybe it's all the test/service board i need to disconnect... i will try

(that was just to give you some backgrounds/thought on my tests...)
ok. got it.

Doesn't some games need to have 2 coin counters plugged in ?

Doesn't some games need to have 2 coin counters plugged in ?
I don't have any AW shooting cabinet so can't tell
. Who has one and can confirm?

Back