What's new
Did a couple of tests last night on my Naomi Gun Setup and can confirm the calibration issues. Both games did boot fine though.
@Darksoft if you still need testers for this, I would be happy to help.

I went a go at Sports Shooting and Clay Challenge on my shooting setup

Naomi2 (multibios)
Sega JVS I/O 837-14572
Sega 2 IR guns.
OMC-GZH200

I also have the old HOD gun sense board 838-13143 if you want me test using that.

Sports Shooting loads properly but crashes after like 10 minutes of gameplay. Gun calibration for Player1 is wonky. After calibrating Player1 gun, only the left half of the screen can pick up the guns. if i try to point Player1 gun to the right half of the screen, the crosshairs will immediate go in the reverse direction. Gun calibration for Player2 doesn't work. Its crosshairs sometimes is either too sluggish or bouncing all over the screen.

Clay Challenge i couldn't get it to boot. It kept throwing up a "Coin Error" and then goes to a black screen. I also tried booting the game without 100ohm resisters on the coin meters, and no change. I'll test it again without the multibios. I just can't remember where i stored my original Naomi bios.

Hi @rolins thanks for testing this. We didnt take care of this one since long ago as we couldnt find enough testers. We will eventually get back to it and let you know.

Hi,

I know that this is kinda "dead" BUT:

A guy from Canada is working on a JVS Interface that probably will allow us to use the all and mighty Gun4IR DIY Gun system with real Naomi.

https://github.com/JayBee-git/GUN4IR

I have been working with the creator JayBee and others to make this the best IR based system out there. I hope to test this soon with some of the known working games like Confidential Mission. If that is the case, I would happily get in touch to test with any Atomiswave conversion.

Best!

Olli

Maybe, but right now my plate is too full with other things.

Back