What's new

Yami

Student
Reaction score
One year ago I bought a consolized MV-2F. Enjoyed it briefly on my Sony PVM with great picture quality (Scart RGB) and sound (Stereo through Scart) ...a dream come true.
Then Real Life (TM) forced me put aside everything for some time. I sold the PVM and part of my retro collection, but I managed to kept all the Neo-geo and arcade stuff.

A couple of days ago I finally "resumed" my CMVS, but connecting it via Scart RGB to my actual CRT TV Daewoo 14CB2T-DE, I get the following issue: picture has a greenish / yellowish tint on AV-1 or AV-1S input. When picture is fading from (or to) black (e.g. during attract mode) it seems to settle down for a second, but in full... "brightness" I always get this greenish / yellowish tint.
Audio through Scart also has a strong "buzz" on AV-1 or AV-1S.

Stranger thing is that if I set the TV to AV-2 input (the source for the composite RCA input on side) I get a perfect picture (perfect colors), but I have no sound at all through Scart.

Despite knowing practically nothing about electronics, I opened the MVS to check for leaked, desoldered or loosening stuff but everything is okay to me.
I tried many different Scart cables, same problem. I also connected my PS2 and Supergun to the same AV-1 input and I get a perfect RGB picture in both cases.

It seems that my actual TV doesn't like RGB video (and Scart audio) of my CMVS for some reason.
So is my CMVS faulty, or it could be a problem of "pairing" cmvs - cable - TV?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Back