What's new

RealMFnG

Legendary
Reaction score
I saw a video on Youtube where a user was showing his NAOMI Ikaruga cart. Ikaruga of course is a GDROM game. Which means that someone dumped the GDROM, then burned the image to a cart. How is this done? Can someone elaborate?

CvS2 will be a staple at my house. Would be cool if I could just have this on a cart, and not have to load it up everytime. Instant action is the goal.

You mean like this one?

152djet.jpg

I don't know exactly how it's made, I only know it can be bought ;)

I also know for a fact that the guy doing this, can also copy you two naomi games (gd or cart) or 4 atomiswave of your choice to a single Naomi cart.

Last edited:
You mean like this one?

152djet.jpg

I also know for a fact that the guy doing this, can also copy you two naomi games (gd or cart) or 4 atomiswave of your choice to a single Naomi cart.
Yes. Exactly like that! But I don't want to spend money on it and would rather work on it like a project.

You mean like this one?

152djet.jpg

Yes. Exactly like that! But I don't want to spend money on it and would rather work on it like a project.
I don't mind paying so me and my little brother can start beating the shit out of each other getting gud.

The guy that sells them is not a friend of AP.com

Also, he is selling for profit conversions of Atomiswave games that Darksoft released for free. Let's not give him any promotion here.

From what I can gather, more that one person does the conversion. I don't know about the 2-in-1 stuff. But that means the info is out there, correct? How do we find more info? I have a few carts laying around that will never get any playtime. Would be awesome to turn it into a CvS2 or something.

I've been dying to have a cvs2 bootleg cart for sometime. MY CF kit is a turd, the netdimm is just too damn fickle and only works like 75% of the time, and I am not gonna mess with a gd-rom setup. I love the insta-boot on the carts. You guys are smart, make this happen!!!!

I also wouldn't mind having Guilty Gear XX and Castle of Shikigami 2 on a cart, but CvS2 is the only real MUST-HAVE for me.

I've been dying to have a cvs2 bootleg cart for sometime. MY CF kit is a turd, the netdimm is just too damn fickle and only works like 75% of the time, and I am not gonna mess with a gd-rom setup. I love the insta-boot on the carts. You guys are smart, make this happen!!!!

I also wouldn't mind having Guilty Gear XX and Castle of Shikigami 2 on a cart, but CvS2 is the only real MUST-HAVE for me.
Mugi, if you're having problems with net dimm or CF, holler at me. It shouldn't be an unstable or unpredictable method and I'd be happy to help you out :)

I understand carts are convenient but it's going down the same old road of sacing donor carts. It would be cool to see the info be public if for nothing other than sheer curiosity and hopefully to take some of the profit out of it.

converting a CVS1 to a CVS2 sounds like an upgrade to me. I'm tempted, even though I haven't tried to set up the gd rom yet.

converting a CVS1 to a CVS2 sounds like an upgrade to me. I'm tempted, even though I haven't tried to set up the gd rom yet.
In that case, sure, but when people start converting cheap virtua tennis carts into power stone 2, gigawing 2, etc (games that had cart releases) it would suck. I'd hate to have to get PCB pics like you do with neo geo carts. I guess inevitably that's kind of where the whole hobby is headed.

i tried to setup the gd rom, but that was before i knew that it didn't get enough juice from the Capcom i/o to run it. I got a sun psu, and don't know yet if the gd drive works since I've been to lazy to test it.

you can find a single cart for around 130€, dual costs a bit more.

It would be nice if someone made "how to Namoi cart conversion" public knowledge. So other people could offer it as a service and bring the price down to a more responsible level.

the guys selling conversions now, Feels more like counterfeiting to me. Last time i checked they where charging different prices for different Roms. Some Roms they want About the same as an original copy.

I can see paying for a "Conversions service". same price for each Rom. but once some starts charging more for select rom, just because the original copy is more expensive or higher demand on the secondary. starts felling like counterfeiting to me.

I looked at a Ikruga cart awhile ago, but got really put off that i could buy a original GD-Rom for the same price. so i got the GD-ROM.

I'm all for paying for parts and labor involved in making a conversions. I just dont see how putting one Rom on a cart should be more expensive than another, Or the same price as the original.

if you can snag a cheap generic Naomi cart on YHJ for 2,000 yen. I don't see the labor adding hundreds of dollars to the price for service.

Netdimms are ok (i have two of them), but single carts are more convenient (instant boot) and no need for exotic PSUs, Ethernet cables and RPis.

I think a multi cart would be a great thing to have, but people seem to prefer CF and Netdimms (sadly)

Netdimms are ok (i have two of them), but single carts are more convenient (instant boot) and no need for exotic PSUs, Ethernet cables and RPis.

I think a multi cart would be a great thing to have, but people seem to prefer CF and Netdimms (sadly)
Yeah, you hit the nail right on the head. For one, it makes it easier to boot. Using the Capcom I/O for easy interchangeability with non-Naomi PCB's; standard switching PSU's. Donate yours so someone can dissect it for the cause :).

Back