What's new
are there any other games that use this style of board?
"Mushiking The King Of Beetles - Mushiking II / III / III+ (Ver. 1.001) (World)"
"Mushiking The King Of Beetles - Mushiking II / III / III+ (Ver. 2.001) (World)"
"Touch De Zunou (Japan, Rev A)"
"Manic Panic Ghosts! (USA, Export)"
"Pokasuka Ghost! (Japan)"
"Asian Dynamite / Dynamite Deka EX"
"Rhythm Tengoku (Japan)"
"Sega", "Star Horse Progress Returns (satellite)"
"Shooting Love 2007 (Japan)"
"Akatsuki Blitzkampf Ausf. Achse (Japan)"
"Illvelo (Illmatic Envelope) (Japan)"
"Mamoru-kun wa Norowarete Shimatta! (Japan)"
"Melty Blood Actress Again (Japan)"
"Melty Blood Actress Again Version A (Japan, Rev A)"
"Radirgy Noa (Japan)"

Note:
Not all of these boards will be populated with all FLASH devices.

has anyone tried this with the normal multi bios? I'm just curious here.
Unfortunately I had my Naomi BIOS chip re-written with Jorge's code, or I would pop the old one back in and check it out for you.
I have a buddy with a stock Naomi BIOS motherboard, not sure when I'll next make it over to him with my cart however.

I believe someone said stock BIOS will boot one of the games on the cart (#1) but not the other game (#2).
Until I can confirm/verify this operation, for now accept this statement as rumor.

so how does this work?
dont you need to re-encrypt the roms to match the cartridge?

@rtw Hey I wanted to make a Metal Slug 6 cart for a friend, the red blood hack one. I'm just want to clear up before I go and waste an hour and a half programming the roms if I'm able to just ignore the data on the second half of ic0. Also to confirm if I need to actually use all 21 IC spots since it looks like the junk data doesn't kick in until IC21

@pzlate I would start by making a ROM set where you fill the second half with 0xff and trying it in an emulator before soldering 21 chips!
Ah yeah, I always take emulators for granted, did that and it seems to boot fine thanks!

@rtw is there any chance I can bug you for, what I assume, is an IC22 that has a working rom check for CVS2 (the older dump, not the one recently released)

Or at least info on how to make it work for these gd rom games, I think you made one for ikaruga.

I made a board where sound is doubled/missing so I think I may have accidentally programmed one of the ICs twice and I'd just like to do a quick check to find the problem rom(s).

I have heard that if you remove IC22 and run ROM TEST CHECK the BIOS will try it's best.

If that does not pan out, take a picture of the cart you are working on and post it here. All you really need is an IC22 from a similar size cart :)

And you might need a program to generate checksums, but I should have that.

I have heard that if you remove IC22 and run ROM TEST CHECK the BIOS will try it's best.

If that does not pan out, take a picture of the cart you are working on and post it here. All you really need is an IC22 from a similar size cart :)

And you might need a program to generate checksums, but I should have that.
Ah.. thanks for that trick. IC14 came up as 0000 0000 which probably isn't right! I'll see if pulling that/reprogramming it fixes that tomorrow.

e: Eh, not so lucky although something was definitely wrong with ic14, something was bugged with my programming software where the buffer was incorrect. I wondered why some programming times felt really short but I didn't question it since it passed verification. Comparing it with my working cart looks like I also have a bad IC4, IC11, and IC18. Hopefully that's the only problem.

Last edited:
I am guessing it would be possible to use this method to convert one game to another? I have looked for over a year for some F355 Challenge 2 carts. No dice. However, using the mame list I should be able to buy an existing cart that uses the same pcb, burn roms from mame, and then solder those chips to the existing cart?

has anybody seen any patches/patched rom for club cart prize so it can just run without a hopper board or comms board?

has anybody seen any patches/patched rom for club cart prize so it can just run without a hopper board or comms board?
I don't think anyone ever bothered with these medal games hacking.

So you mean it would be possible to run F355 in a regular Naomi and one single monitor? Wouldnt the image be too stretched?
no. the question was about converting some other game cartridge to F355 2 (because its rare and hard to find). it still will work on multiboard NAOMI setup only.

Back