What's new
Reaction score
Hey Mitsurgi,
Finally got around to getting the Multi-SSD installed in my Trifoce Rev 3 with the correct media board.
Hooked up everything as shown in your video.
On boot up it is hanging on Initializing Media board.
What could be going wrong there? Could the battery be dead? What kind of ram is in there could that be bad and if so what would I be looking for to replace it

Another two questions on it.
With the SSD installed can the unit still be netbooted?
And how does one switch the game on the SSD?

Do you have the correct PIC installed?

Bought one from a guy on Klov seemed to know what he was doing. Told him my Triforce version and he sent me the key which I installed checking the net for the correct pin orientation.

I was originally using a power supply that was bellow 600 but switched to one that is 750 and now I can get into the test menu.

I ran a Media Board Test and it reported 100 % complete no problems.

Further testing,
Set up a PiForce Tool boot
1st time it failed media board error
2nd time it loads the game and gives me a JVS I/O error not detected. ( which is fine because I do not have the JVS I/O hooked up and powered)
3rd time fails again media board error.

Considering it booted to the JVS I/O screen does that eliminate the Zero Key as a possible issue?

Sorry to ask in this topic, but is there a multi-boot for Triforce ? You mean you can have all games on a SSD and choose at boot ?

Not exactly choose at boot,
But check out this video
Which is what I tried first not sure how you switch the games on the SSD yet.

And you can use the Raspberry PI method and netboot a Triforce Revision 3 as well.

I am using https://github.com/dev-tty0/Piforce-Web
A Rev 3 Triforce 512 MB
Supposedly the right security key

So in theory should be able to do this
Which I have done but that is where I am getting this error.

Is there someone who does Triforce repairs I could ship too.
Have the PIC checked, get a replacement part etc?

Further testing,
Set up a PiForce Tool boot
1st time it failed media board error
2nd time it loads the game and gives me a JVS I/O error not detected. ( which is fine because I do not have the JVS I/O hooked up and powered)
3rd time fails again media board error.

Considering it booted to the JVS I/O screen does that eliminate the Zero Key as a possible issue?
What happens if you try loading the Triforce using Transfergame.exe and netboot method?

I am a bit confused. Halfway last year, you had issues netbooting. Is this still your problem why you want the triforce fixed?

If it's giving you the JVS error, it means the game has loaded. If the dimm battery is dead, the game will be gone after a power cycle.
You will need to upload it again using netboot.
It's normal that it boots into an error screen when no valid game image is loaded in the dimm sdram.

To switch from netboot to an SSD solution, you will need an updated dimm firmware.
You will need another pic.
You will need to change 1 or 2 jumpers on the dimm (set it back to gdrom mode instead of netboot mode)
You will need an SSD with the proper game image and a working sata 2 ide adapter (assuming the SSD is sata)

Basically, SSD is identical to the compact flash solution. Sega offered it as a solution to replace the unreliable gdrom drives. It's basically one game / drive as sega assumes you will only replace your legally obtained gdrom disk.

@obcd Intresting I did not know that a PIC was specific to SSD style booting or Netbooting. And I had no idea jumpers would need to change between the two.
Back when I was working on it sometime ago, I got it once to boot to the JVS/io loading screen
But I only got it once, and every other time after netbooting I would get the media error.

Can you point me to a specific way to set the jumpers to Netboot or Gdrom mode?

Back