What's new

charles4400

Student
Reaction score
I will be getting in a hotd4 cabinet, and have a question on using a multi kit with it.

If i play ghost squad evolution in it and switch the hotd uzis to the proper ghost squad rifles will i still get the ghost squad force feedback in the rifles? Is it as simple as quick gun swap?

OR does this require other boards found in ghost squad which are not in hotd4?

?(

Thanks Gakman for the response!!!

I'm trying to make this project work but am having a hard time finding info so your help helps!!!

So I found a source for the fuse board which should be this one:
ghostgunboard_zpsmpx26jht.jpg

So from my understanding then, do both guns attach to this board and then a harness from this board goes back to the regular gun board?

And is it this board where the 24v you were mentioning goes into as well? Is it a separate psu which I will need for this?

Sorry for so many questions, just trying to make sure I'll be able to do this correctly.

THANKS!

Yes.
On fuse board :
top plug is P1 rifle in
bottom plug is P2 rifle in
black largest plus is out : 2 plugs on IR board + additional inputs directly on IO board
white plug (JST NH) : 24V (up to down V V N N)

In the cabinet, there's a specific 24V PSU for rifle feedback.

Pergaps you could share pictures of your HOD4 boards. It could be helpfull if someone want to make oposite (uzis in GH cabinet).

I think I could make a topic with all connections and pinouts (GH, HOD2 3 4, VC3, CM, PH, GG, 2S, Rambo...). I will do it when I have time, and why not design a board to use every gun on every cabinet.

Last edited:
Pergaps you could share pictures of your HOD4 boards. It could be helpfull if someone want to make oposite (uzis in GH cabinet).

I think I could make a topic with all connections and pinouts (GH, HOD2 3 4, VC3, CM, PH, GG, 2S, Rambo...). I will do it when I have time, and why not design a board to use every gun on every cabinet.
That would be relevant to me. I'm looking to build a multi gun setup.

I'm interested as well. I've been slowly starting to piece together bits to have a light gun setup. The more info the better.

FWIW I also looked up pricing on 24V PSUs MeanWell makes some that should supply enough for 2-guns for around $15-$20.

I'll post pics of the inside of my HOTD4 Cabinet tonight, in case that helps anyone, anyone care to post pics of their GS/GS Evolution Cabinet (same layout)?

Thanks for the help everyone, for me getting or making that wire harness from the fuse board to the gun board is going to be the most difficult part.

Can anyone here make that wiring harness, I am certainly willing to pay for that.

-The 1 board that can play all guns is the best solution!!!! What would it take for someone to make that?

I tired taking some pics tonight but they came out really dark and bad. (cabinet is in a dark area of the house and flash making for better pictures)

I'll take some pics tomorrow when there is more daylight shining through and post then.

Ok here are the pics as promised. This is from my HOTD4 regular Cabinet (please excuse my Naked Lindbegh, It's a Yellow):

The gun connections to this cab seem pretty straight forward, the guns connect directly into this tiny board, which then has outs to the main gun board's gun connector slots:
circle_zpsri33d4q5.jpg

Some closer pics:
20160902_125544_zpsspfxgn3u.jpg

20160902_125612_zpstkcqt9f5.jpg

...and some wide shots of everything:

20160902_125625_001_zpsv3lzqxnd.jpg

20160902_125612_zpstkcqt9f5.jpg

20160902_125608_zpshxi0765j.jpg

20160902_125509_zpstdhdrcfl.jpg

Let me know if anyone needs more detailed pics of particular area and I can upload them.

Hope this helps someone out!

If anyone wants to post pics of their other Lindbegh shooting systems that would help (especially Ghost Squad/Ghost Squad Evolution..... or even better let me know if anyone is parting theirs out!)

That "tiny board" is the gun protect board. everyone running this OMZ style Gun setup should be running one of them as it helps keep you from killing your gun board.

I think you're missing a picture of something, the HOTD4 guns have accelerometers which should be routed to the analog connector on your JVS I/O board. Also I believe they have shaker motors and if so there should be another pcb between the output connector on the JVS I/O board and the guns (this would not tie into the gun boards at all). I'm going to guess it's that board to the left of the Gun Sense board that's hidden by the wiring harness.

That "tiny board" is the gun protect board. everyone running this OMZ style Gun setup should be running one of them as it helps keep you from killing your gun board.I think you're missing a picture of something, the HOTD4 guns have accelerometers which should be routed to the analog connector on your JVS I/O board. Also I believe they have shaker motors and if so there should be another pcb between the output connector on the JVS I/O board and the guns (this would not tie into the gun boards at all). I'm going to guess it's that board to the left of the Gun Sense board that's hidden by the wiring harness.
Wow it looks like these guns are a lot more complicated than I first thought (I'm familiar with Naomi Gun Games which are certainly more direct)

So a close look at the connector from the gun looks like this:
20160902_141640_zpsfl45ylhu.jpg

that's a lot of wires!

I didn't cut all the zip ties to follow all the wires so you are right I am probably incorrect to assume that the guns just went straight to the 'gun protect board', as apparently there is more to it!

There is only 1 thing coming out the JVS I/O on the Lindbergh
20160902_142850_zpsiorps9fu.jpg

and that goes to the top left board here:
20160902_142759_zpse7ykpop0.jpg

Is this the board that you were mentioning involves the accelerometer function of the gun?

My guns do not have shaker mechs active on them. I don't think HOTD4 does (or at least mine doesn't), perhaps the giant DX version does? I don't see any other boards than the ones shown

I did forget 1 picture though... as you mentioned there was something hidden behind the wires which I missed, its not a board but a bunch of fuses:
20160902_140951_zpstaeufwvt.jpg

The JVS I/O board converts all of the digital outputs, digital inputs and analog inputs into the single "USB style" connector that goes to the main board.

The Gun sense board only handles the trigger and the pointing position of the two guns, the analog output from this runs to the short connector on the JVS I/O board and the trigger output from this runs to the large connector on the JVS I/O board. The P1 and P2 connectors on the gun sense board that route through the gun protect board go up to the guns themselves, but again they only connect to the IR sensor in the guns and the trigger, nothing else. all of the other functionality in the guns bypasses this board entirely.

the guns themselves have accelerometers inside of them, these output analog data that should be routed directly to the short connector on the JVS I/O board... this is unique functionality to HOTD4, not something that would be on any of the NAOMI gun games, and I don't think it's on any of the Chihiro or any of the other Lindbergh games So this is one of the things you need to take into consideration with a multi game setup.

On the Lindbergh multi kits they have a version of HOTD4 that removes the need for these accelerometers since most guns setups don't have them.

I thought that HOTD4 also had a "rumble" motor inside the guns, which would necessitate another PCB to provide power for the rumble motors but I found a copy of the owners manual and after looking at the diagram that doesn't seem to be the case. https://ia800204.us.archive.org/2/items/ArcadeGameManualHod4-manual/hod4-manual.pdf

if you got to the very end of the manual you can find a wiring diagram for the whole cabinet.

Re: GS Guns:
Yes.On fuse board :top plug is P1 rifle inbottom plug is P2 rifle inblack largest plus is out : 2 plugs on IR board + additional inputs directly on IO boardwhite plug (JST NH) : 24V (up to down V V N N)In the cabinet, there's a specific 24V PSU for rifle feedback.Pergaps you could share pictures of your HOD4 boards. It could be helpfull if someone want to make oposite (uzis in GH cabinet).I think I could make a topic with all connections and pinouts (GH, HOD2 3 4, VC3, CM, PH, GG, 2S, Rambo...). I will do it when I have time, and why not design a board to use every gun on every cabinet.
So just to clarify on a Ghost Squad Cabinet,.....for the GS guns, do they go directly to this fuse board without braching out elsewhere before it?

ghostgunboard_zpsmpx26jht.jpg

Yes. The output plug splits into plugs for IR board and inputs for IO.

Yes. The output plug splits into plugs for IR board and inputs for IO.
I understand that from the output plug of fuseboard it goes to the IR board & inputs for IO.

I guess what I'm asking is : Do the wires branch out anywhere between Gun1 to P1 of fuse board?
Or is it direct wiring , without other connections, from Gun1 to P1?

The person I am buying a GS gun from wants to know what type of connector to use on it and I assumed there was just 1 connector from the Gun going to fuse board instead of many (like HOTD4).

Back