What's new
Could someone please post a pic of their Ghost Squad gun connector? Someone is rebuilding a gun for me and wants to know what the gun connector looks like.

Thanks!

have you checked the service manual? usually the wiring diagram will also specify the connector model.

Thanks for the pics! Very helpful and found a link to the manual!

Gakman very nice thread you started on the light guns! I will be following it.

So are there different versions of connectors even on the same model?

Or should all models say of the 29" standard GS Evolution should have the same type of connector and wiring?

Connectors are same for each game, but depending on cabinet size (and perhaps country), some wires can perhaps change. For exemple I have standard guns for Confidential Mission NUC upright and for CM deluxe, they use the same connector for guns, but deluxe use an extension wire with different intermediates connectors.

I can confirm that my HOTD4 DX 52" have shaker into the guns.
They shakes in some parts of the game.
HouseoftheDead4_6_zps94c97e3e.jpg

Could be that where the shake is not working, the cab is simply broken?
I don't own a cab. I was referring to the fact that I couldn't find any mention of the shaker motors in the service manual and the pictures of the boards that charles4400 posted didn't show any control circuits for the shaker motors either.

I don't own a cab. I was referring to the fact that I couldn't find any mention of the shaker motors in the service manual and the pictures of the boards that charles4400 posted didn't show any control circuits for the shaker motors either.
Really don't know, but it's strange that inside some Uzi, there aren't the shakers while in others yes.....
Don't think that Sega do this.

Connectors are same for each game, but depending on cabinet size (and perhaps country), some wires can perhaps change. For exemple I have standard guns for Confidential Mission NUC upright and for CM deluxe, they use the same connector for guns, but deluxe use an extension wire with different intermediates connectors.
Oh man that makes it even more complicated getting a multigun setup in my cab, does that mean you could have the right type gun but wrong wiring from that gun for a particular setup???

Really don't know, but it's strange that inside some Uzi, there aren't the shakers while in others yes.....Don't think that Sega do this.
I'm thinking that the deluxe had the shakers built in and the board for them installed and the standards did not have any of that. I think the shaker mechs were probably not even in put into the standard Uzis. I plan on opening up my standard Uzi tonight to fix a button issue. I'll take pics and post it to see what's there when I do.

* Nice DX cab by the way, I like how the Uzis are plain black instead of red and dig the banners as well!!!

Really don't know, but it's strange that inside some Uzi, there aren't the shakers while in others yes.....Don't think that Sega do this.
I'm thinking that the deluxe had the shakers built in and the board for them installed and the standards did not have any of that. I think the shaker mechs were probably not even in put into the standard Uzis. I plan on opening up my standard Uzi tonight to fix a button issue. I'll take pics and post it to see what's there when I do.* Nice DX cab by the way, I like how the Uzis are plain black instead of red and dig the banners as well!!!
Yes get some shots of the UZI's please.
I'm now curious to see the inside of them.
From what i know you have them red just because in US you can't have them black since are similar to a real gun.....
It's not a joke.....
:(

Ok opened up both guns (Uzis) and they were the exactly same inside...looks like this:

20160908_001350_zpstapycmf0.jpg

There was no motor or coil or anything that would allow this to shake. It does not look like it was removed by a user or operator as there were no wires cut or anything like that...Most likely this is used for the shaker/force feedback device glstar was mentioning on his.

20160908_001414_zpseyu6fwgk.jpg

Or is it possible glstar that the shaker device in yours was installed third party? I really don't know, just looks like mine never had one and the area where the boards are mounted in earlier pictures has no holes where a board may have been removed, which would have controlled the force feedback.

I'm betting the DX has the force feedback and redular versions did not.

On another interesting note, I assumed this was the device used so the gun senses the shaking of it to reload and throw off zombies in the game:

20160908_002435_zpswol14ulf.jpg

BUT IT'S NOT ATTACHED TO ANYTHING!!! I mean there are no wires attached to it and there are no sensors on it. It is just a weight on a spring that goes up and down and left and right. The only thing holding it down are two screws but there is nothing attached to it that would send or take in any information.

20160908_002518_zpsuak4sxuk.jpg

So is reloading done solely by the sensors sensing rapid movement from the monitor sensors and has nothing to do with a device which senses actual shaking???

Or is this device somehow connected to a coil and somehow made to shake on versions which allow for force feedback???

Or is it just a weight which goes back and forth so the user feels something when shaking to reload or shake off zombies but has nothing to do with actually sensing the physical shaking of the gun?

Anyone have better insight to innard of these Uzis?

btw these guns were very easy to open...MUCH easier to open and put back together than the Naomi Pistols and staff housing.

Yes is certainly mentions the gun motor. Yes it has to be because of the dx version you have. That's good info to know, different guns (and some additional boards) for different versions...

If you ever get a chance and have the proper bit, take some pictures of the inside of yours, it would be interesting to compare.

It's very easy to take apart these Uzis, as long as you have the proper bit for the screws they come off very easily.

SO can anyone confirm if Ghost Squad/GS Evolution has force feedback on the standard version?

Yes is certainly mentions the gun motor. Yes it has to be because of the dx version you have. That's good info to know, different guns (and some additional boards) for different versions...If you ever get a chance and have the proper bit, take some pictures of the inside of yours, it would be interesting to compare.It's very easy to take apart these Uzis, as long as you have the proper bit for the screws they come off very easily.
I'll try to get some pics to compare.
Some days.
:)

I assumed this was the device used so the gun senses the shaking of it to reload and throw off zombies in the game:
no, the accelerometer board is that tiny little green board mounted behind the IR sensor.

I honestly don't know what the hunk of metal is. If I had to guess it's part of the vibration motor setup that they might leave in the standard version to help give the gun some weight.

Back