What's new
I have std and had deluxe GS, with original rifles with FFB both (same rifles on 2 cabinets).
My uzi comes from a deluxe HoD4 but I thought that all version has rumble and shake (shake is in the game, you have to use it).

Last edited:
All the HOTD4 Uzis allow you to shake it to reload and shake off zombies, but it seems just the deluxe versions have rumble and the std. does not.

Ghost Squad all has ruble.

How about Rambo, 2 Spicy & Primeval Hunt? Do all of these have rumble as well?

Rambo rumble (just tried on deluxe), 2 Spicy have a feedback (as well as Golden Gun). Primeval Hunt has nothing.

Yes, I have one. It's just a toy to attract people on the cabinet, but not realy usefull. Actually I hardly ever play PH, I prefer other games.

Speaking of primeval hunt, does that scope on the gun do anything....is it really necessary for game play or is it just a regular sega shotgun?

adinohunt11.JPG

yeah some gun games have speakers in the gun for the gun noises. I don't believe the sights do anything.

The scope has the sensor inside. Sega Sensor is bigger than Happ's standard. So it's in the fake scope instead of beeing inside the gun.

The scope has the sensor inside. Sega Sensor is bigger than Happ's standard. So it's in the fake scope instead of beeing inside the gun.
Darn it, I was hoping to add that gun to my arsenal, its a hard one to source and I don't know if it's worth the $$$ for that particular game. Agreed BAD Sega!

Well I finally received my Ghost Squad Rifles (I tried playing ghost squad with the HOTD4 Uzis but there is no select switch for rate of fire so you are kind of stuck on single fire mode which is not as fun) and got the fuse board in and decided to just make a harness that goes from the fuse board to the I/o and gun protection board, to get these GS guns working properly.

So my first hurdle is to find out where to get these connectors.... the type that fit here:
ghostgunboard_zpsmpx26jht.jpg

and here:
20160902_125544_zpsspfxgn3u.jpg

Does anyone know of a source to get these type of connectors from and the crimp size that go along with?

Looking at Gakman's Sega IR gun thread I believe the I/O board uses the JST XH connector.....does anyone know what size they are or a good place to purchase them is?

Is this the same type of connector used for the fuse board and gun?

Looking at the schematics, I think making the harness for the gun compatibility and rumble is doable....but have to find the right connectors first...

the best place to get JST connectors is directly from JST http://jst-mfg.com/

if I can make a recommendation though...

all of these gun use different connectors and different pins... maybe make a big spreadsheet with all of the wires used on all the different guns, then figure out how many pins a single connector would need to cover everything. then buy a bunch of those and re-pin every gun to use your new "universal" connector. maybe even pick a panel mount connector for a nice solid mount. that way if you go to switch guns you just have to unplug one and plug in another

Last edited:
Thanks I'll try your recommendation though to tell you the truth I will be happy if I get this one harness made correctly for even one type of gun lol! It is a great idea though, but I will have to see how it goes as I start to figure out the wiring diagram between the two games.

I looked at ordering from jst directly but found their order page difficult to know what type of connector I would be ordering:
https://order.jst-mfg.com/InternetS...guage=en&restartApplication&isQuotation=false

ended up finding them on amazon.com, will give an update when they get in and I start the process.....

what you want to do is browse the catalog, write down all the part numbers you need, then plug them in on the order page.

Well as luck or fate would have it I was able to source the cable that goes out of that fuse board for Ghost Squad! WOOHOO!! It should come in next week!

I'm very excited about that as that means I no longer have to make that harness (though I already ordered the conncectors!...but that's ok!)

My Question now is , is that fuse board unique to ghost squad ONLY to get the rumble or is that used for other games as well (I assume Rambo too), like 2Spicy, Primeval Hunt, Rambo, or even the HOTD4 guns with rumble in it?

Well here's an update for everyone following along....

I got the wiring harness in and though it does help ALOT , looks like I will still need to do some rewiring. (Again this si to get the Ghost Squad Guns working with rumble on my multi boot inside a HOTD4 cab)

Here's how the wiring harness looks that comes out of the Fuse Board:
WireHarness_zpsjte7lnhw.jpg

The part that goes to the fuse board is obvious and the the two connectors going to the gun protector board is obvious as well.

Now the fun part... my guns connect directly to the fuse board...direct connection so nothing I have in my cab connects to that giant connector in the middle of the picture. So I looked in the diagram and figured out which wires I will need to connect to the I/O board "jamma" connector. There are 10 of them so doesn't seem too bad to do. (I have no idea if that long connector on the i/o board is a jamma connector or not, it just looks like one so I'm calling it that until someone corrects me :P )

The plug that would normally give power to the fuse board is also here but since nothing is powering it I will have to get a separate 24v power supply to power the fuse board up. (will probably just snip that connector and connect it to power supply to make things easier) PS on order. got a 200w one so that should be plenty of power.

I have no idea what the other connector is and assume it goes to the start lamps and start buttons? I hope that is has nothing to do with the rumble or operation of the guns (which I don't think it does.). My current start buttons work without any need of rewiring.

Here's a closer look of the mystery connector and giant connector:
Harness2_zps11ybbepg.jpg

For now I am assuming that my gun (which I got in from a distributor) is wired correctly, if not I'll have to open it up and rewire it, but for now I'm going to rewire the the 10 wires into the existing jamma harness according to the wiring diagram which looks to be the same from the 29" version and the 50" version.

That's it for now if I'm missing something please chime in, I'll report back when I have the wires spliced up to the I/O board.

Your harness is from a deluxe, so you have extention cords. My cabinet is an upright, I will check.
The big plug is a mix in/out from main part of the cabinet I presume: extra buttons output, PSU input. Have you something written on small papers stick on cables ?

Have you something written on small papers stick on cables ?
Yes the papers on the wires I labeled are the wires coming out of the fuse board going into the I/O board "jamma" harness...such as "1 Player Special Attack, 2p auto change, 5v, gnd, etc...".

I followed the wiring diagram and it shows these 10 wires going into I/O board at the "jamma" harness (though the wiring diagram is missing one of the 5v or gnd connections to the I/O, which I will probably just piggyback a ground on that connector when the time comes.)

Back