What's new
So far so good, everything going as planned as of now, I have full functionality of both GS guns, including the selector switch, special attack switch and of course trigger and gun sensor are working! I haven't gotten in the 24v PSU to check the rumble but I am hopeful!

Wiring Diagrams For GS seem to be the same for the DX and regular standup versions in regards to the guns.

Last edited:
I haven't gotten in the 24v PSU to check the rumble but I am hopeful!
not to be pedantic but it's "kick back" or "recoil" that you're talking about, not "rumble". Rumble uses a motor with an off-blanace weigh to create vibration effects (similar to what you find in console gamepads), kickback/recoil uses a solenoid to produce a linear and percussive force to simulate the firing of a bullet (similar to what is used in pinball machines for ball kickers, flippers, etc.).

Rumble motors generally run on 5 or 12V, some on even as little as 3.3V. solenoids are the one ones that typically require 24V because it requires a lit more juice to propel the metal rod that creates the recoil effect.

Got it thanks, recoil it is! It's good to know the proper terminology so appreciate the correction!

PSU came in today so get to test out the recoil....hope it works! I got a 200w 24v psu...I assume that should be enough power for both guns right?

Got this one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GPWPB7O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1

24v 200w.

Darnit they sent the wrong one! Gotta wait for the new one now....grrrrr....

you'll want to make sure it has enough Amperage output to handle 2 guns. what are the amp on the original 24V PSU?

I know when I was researching the Time Crisis guns they required something like 1.5A per gun so a 3A or higher PSU was needed.

Hmmm I just thought of something....I've been looking at PSU's for DC output... that is correct right?...NOT AC output?

btw that switching power supply I got in which is 12v is not adjustable all the way to 24v.

twistedsymphony, I don't know what amps it is asking for, I don't see that in the manual...I'm looking at an 8.4 amp just to be safe, a little pricier but I think this one should do the trick, if in fact I should get 24V in DC output:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NBNC2MC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

protip: check how many amps the fuse is rated for, the solenoid should never need more than that ;)

ok SOUND!!!

of the multi for ghost squad I have read that it comes of the mobo audio. So I plug in a pair of computer speakers with its's pwn volume control....problem is I BARELY hear any volume at all with the computer speakers turned all the way up. Is there a way to adjust volume to the onboard audio board?

Hmm. I never had a volume issue when running it from the lindy to the TV in Ghost Squad.

Im wondering if it needs some type of amp? I tried it with headphones and though I can certainly hear it better, there is still no way to adjust the volume....I would have thought that the volume control of the speakers would be enough but maxed out the volume is waaaaay low.

I'm wondering if the tv works as an amp to where you can just turn up the tv volume.....anyone have this issue on a cab?

both the sound card and the on-board audio should be line-level.

I ran all the Lindy games through a set of powered PC speakers and don't recall having volume issues with any of them.

FWIW Lets go Jungle, and After Burner are the only games that support more than 2 audio channels.

All the other games I have tried work fine without any sound issues and use the main volume control to adjust volume level....all except GS. Also all the other games have volume from the the sound card, GS is the only one I had to hook up to the onboard graphics.

I suppose the issue could be I received defective speakers, but I think that's unlikely, will have to dig up another set to try out....

24V PSU coming in tonight....before I start connecting things could someone please confirm what the correct connection to the PSU is:

Manual says Fuse Board calls for:

24V
24V
GND
GND

So 24V would go to +V on the PSU.
But Does GND go to -V or the actual ground terminal on the PSU ?

assuming you're using a meanwell PSU then you'll want to use V+ and V- for the DC output. the ground symbol terminal is for the AC earth ground on the input.

Yes it's a Meanwell.

Got it thanks! Just wanted to be extra sure... will find out tonight if all the effort to get recoil on this gun for GS pays off....

Regarding the low sound and no volume control, looking at the wiring diagram this makes more sense, looks like the regular cab does have it coming out directly from the onboard audio and going to an amp... this would make sense with my problem.

20160927_1519222_zps0e3y4zuh.jpg

The headphone amp I ordered should work for this issue...

I'VE GOT RECOIL FOR GHOST SQUAD !!!!!!!! YAAA BABY!!!!

WOOHOO!!! FINALLY!!!! Feels really really good when a project works after working on it for awhile!

Thanks all for helping out on this, info here was invaluable. Thanks ESPECIALLY to Twistedsymphony & Gakman who gave tons of help and sage advice to get this thing in working order, couldn't have done it without you all!

So it could be done afterall! GS works awesome with recoil, and with a few molex connector switches I can get the HOTD4 guns back in action for that game! (have to get the sound issue worked out with GS but I'm pretty sure the headphone amp should do the trick)

I tried Rambo with the GS guns and it plays great though there was no recoil. I went to output test on that game and there was no option to test recoil so maybe its just another issue of the DX having it and std version not (didn't Rambo initially use the same Uzis as HOTD4?)
Haven't looked into Rambo much at all but just tried a game just to see.

As soon as the sound issue is verified working with Ghost Squad (amp comes in tomorrow [gotta love amazon] ) I can officially confirm that this was a complete success!

Again thanks for ALL who contributed to this thread, truly truly appreciate it!!! :D

You're welcome! Happy if I've helped. :)

Rambo has no feedback, not like HoD4 which has rumble. Rambo uzis have no rumble motor inside.

Back