What's new

charles4400

Student
Reaction score
Ok my HOTD4 has a flakey power supply....grrr

I have read that a pc atx power supply can be used instead. BUT will there have to be any rewiring of the connectors of the power supply to make it fit the existing wire connectors of the lindberg?

Is there an easy plug and power supply out there that can be used? And if so could anyone share the make and model?

Thanks!

Any modern atx PC supply will work. The one I use is 350 watt and it works great. No plug modding needed.

Here's what I don't understand then:

This PC power supply:
https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Warrant...71774&sr=8-1&keywords=atx+pc+400+power+supply

Has these connectors:
71B-G4lvHWL__SL1200__zpsl5lbhcug.jpg

But my Lindbergh Cab (HOTD4) Needs these connectors:
20160901_162205_zps0wiqhivi.jpg

I see the long connector on the new power supply but not the middle sized one or the 6 pin molex.

I've looked at similar other power supplies and they all have the long connector but not the other 2.

What am I missing???

i only use the atx connecter which is the longer one and everything works fine. I dont plug anything in to the middle size one on the lindbergh. Im guessing the 6 pin is for something other than the power supply.

Seems like it should be more complicated but you just need a regular atx power supply with the one connector. I req one with a power on/off switch which is more convenient.

I guess is it dependent on the cab... the 6 pin molex connector comes from the top connector of the power supply and powers some boards in the cab...

In Lindbergh cabinets, the shortest plug of PSU is used for IO and other cabinet boards. The 2 others are used for Lindbergh motherboard (even if only the largest is realy needed).
But I'm sorry I don't have this 6 plugs connector on my Linbergh cabinet.

I see the long connector on the new power supply but not the middle sized one or the 6 pin molex.
Here's the short answer:
The bottom connector is a standard ATX PSU mobo connector and will plug right into your lindbergh without any problems.

the middle connector is not needed, it's to power the Hard drive, fan and auxiliary GPU power but all of the pins are tied to the ATX connector on the filterboard... so it's redundant.

The top connector doesn't attach to the lindbergh mainboard, however it uses standard molex pins so you can de-pin the connector on your lindbergh, then depin a one or two of the 4-pin molex connectors on your ATX PSU and re-pin them into the 6-pin housing (just make sure you're arranging the pins correctly.

But my Lindbergh Cab (HOTD4) Needs these connectors:I see the long connector on the new power supply but not the middle sized one or the 6 pin molex.
Here's the short answer:The bottom connector is a standard ATX PSU mobo connector and will plug right into your lindbergh without any problems.the middle connector is not needed, it's to power the Hard drive, fan and auxiliary GPU power but all of the pins are tied to the ATX connector on the filterboard... so it's redundant.The top connector doesn't attach to the lindbergh mainboard, however it uses standard molex pins so you can de-pin the connector on your lindbergh, then depin a one or two of the 4-pin molex connectors on your ATX PSU and re-pin them into the 6-pin housing (just make sure you're arranging the pins correctly.
Awesome got it, thanks for the clear explanation!

Has these connectors:

20160901_162205_zps0wiqhivi.jpg

I've looked at similar other power supplies and they all have the long connector but not the other 2.

What am I missing???
Where is that 6 pin molex coming from on your cabinet? If it's an optional connection, you can ignore it but if it removes from the experience, it's worth a shot to match it up with the correct connection from the official diagram. I'm not sure which one you are wiring up but this might tell you: http://www.mga.es/Manuales/HOUSE OF DEAD IV 62 P SUPER DLX.PDF.pdf

I have the standard wiring diagram but it is too large of a file to upload on here.

Back