What's new
yes, regular game have 'Zoom In', 'Zoom Out' and 'Top View' buttons, but afair they are not strictly required to play it, just make it more comfortable.

you can run the game, go to BIOS ROM TEST, take a photo or just tell IC16 BYTE/WORD sums - this will be enough to find out if it same or different.
that type of hopper controller yours game have, is it one more Naomi mobo or special PCB ?

Thanks for the info, MetalliC. Good to hear it's the full version. I'll be happy to test it out once I get a net DIMM. However, the SWP version only uses 1 button (for start/top view), so I'll need to hook up some extra button to my cab, to test fully. The controls on these cabs are pretty neat, and give a good sense of actually playing pool. The 'hub' control is actually just an analogue joystick, with a spinner for the cue.

I only own 1 cart, which I think is the version in MAME. I don't currently have the ROMs/CHDs required to run these in MAME. I'll try and sort that to confirm it's the same version I have.

Cheers
you can try to get them from sites like edgeemu.net.
@MetalliC will confirm, but probably with a screenshot of the Cart Test where you can see the CRCs that should be enough.

Thanks, guys. Here's a few pics of what I have. The hopper controller is a separate, large PCB.

20170121_154908.jpg

Capture.jpg

hopper.jpg

thank you! cartridge is same as in MAME.

@Darksoft
hopper controller (SH4 based) on the photo above one of things I'd like to see preserved :saint:
also used in Club Kart Prize Ver B and Kick'4'Cash

@MetalliC what do we need in order to preserve that PCB? reading out the eproms? good high res pictures?

@big10p Could you please send (upload somewhere please) some high pictures of your hopper controller?
Please update your profile with your location :)

@Darksoft read it's Flash ROM, TSOP48 I'd guess, a bit upper of CPU with heatsink.
good enough photo already have from AGS's site.
837-14438_large.jpg

You mean the one with text FPR-24150?

@big10p we need that thing dumped for the community. What do i need to bribe you with? :thumbsup:

I have one of those back in storage in NC but I won't be going back for a long time.

OK, I've updated my profile. I'm in the UK.

What's involved in getting the ROMs dumped? I don't have a reader/burner, or anything.

Do you still need better pics of the board? It's a bit of a pain to do as there's a metal cover that fits over the PCB, and getting to the screws is difficult without pulling the cab out and opening up the back. I can do it if you really need them, though.

I managed to buy a net DIMM board last night, on another forum I frequent, so hopefully will be able to do some testing this week. :)

What's involved in getting the ROMs dumped? I don't have a reader/burner, or anything.

Do you still need better pics of the board? It's a bit of a pain to do as there's a metal cover that fits over the PCB, and getting to the screws is difficult without pulling the cab out and opening up the back. I can do it if you really need them, though.

I managed to buy a net DIMM board last night, on another forum I frequent, so hopefully will be able to do some testing this week. :)
Well, that will involved removing the PCB and sending it to some of us so it can be dumped. We will cover the shipping costs and can offer some compensation in return if you want. Would that be a possibility?

@rtw who from DU in the UK could dump this?

I'd be up for thatat some point,

Well, that will involved removing the PCB and sending it to some of us so it can be dumped. We will cover the shipping costs and can offer some compensation in return if you want. Would that be a possibility?
@rtw who from DU in the UK could dump this?
I would be up for doing that, at some point. I see AGS website says they have one in stock, too. Maybe Andy Geezer can get this dumped?

Sorry for the delay - I had a few hardware issues that prevented me testing this game out. OK, so it loads up fine and runs great in demo mode, but when I actually play a game, everything goes into slow motion after a short while (about a minute), with a drastic deduction in frame rate.

Could this be my NAOMI that's faulty, do you think, or the game? Sometimes my NAOMI boots with graphical glitches on the boot screen. After that, it seems to work fine, though.

I believe that having that chip from the I/O dumped will motivate even more the person/s involved in the fix :)

Back