What's new

NathanDrake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have some trouble with Tekken 5.1
Everything is alright, the game launch but I got this screen with music and nothing happens after :(

image17.jpg

Here's a picture of the dvd and dongle

image16.jpg

If anyone can help me :)

Thank you

My system 256 with Tekken 5 DR also freezes during the intro movie or while booting if I leave the 5V too low.

Swapping from a PCB to a system 256 I need to turn it up a bit.

Looks like you have a Live Monitor version. It doesn't look like that dongle is dumped yet. That's my guess anyways. Your dongle says TE5L instead of TE51. The net ID seems to lend itself to this as well.

If it is a live monitor version it won't play the game unless you convert the dongle. It's just meant to show what's happening on the play setup.

EDIT: I'm correct. I read the Japanese on the dongle and it does in fact say "Live Monitor".

I'd like to dump your dongle if it truly isn't dumped yet.

Of course Mitsurugi if it can help I can ship it to you.

Let me know
I checked. It has already been dumped. I can convert your dongle to a playable version if you want though.

Yes of course!
Thank you for your kindness :)
Pm me your adress and I send it to you.

Just out of curiosity, how would one network a System with the Live Monitor software with systems with the playable version? Are there a number of required systems?

I actually have an extra TE52 Ver B dongle, if you want to trade, since I wouldn't mind doing some experimenting and research on this Live Monitor

If you trade you could just burn the proper CD for use with Tekken 5. As for the live monitor I'm not sure though Defor would know for sure. It may just be as simple as connecting a network cable but there may be some IP configuration as well.

I have already give it as gift to Darksoft.
Too bad for me but don't regret at all

I would very much like to have information on what's involved with a live monitor setup.

I would hope it shows the fight from some interesting spectator perspectives. Otherwise it would seem like a large expensive over just splitting the RGB output from one of the PCBs.

I would very much like to have information on what's involved with a live monitor setup.

I would hope it shows the fight from some interesting spectator perspectives. Otherwise it would seem like a large expensive over just splitting the RGB output from one of the PCBs.
Namco system 256 can actually output to two screens, which is great in those Versus City setups they usually use at tournaments where each user has a monitor and panel.

Namco system 256 can actually output to two screens, which is great in those Versus City setups they usually use at tournaments where each user has a monitor and panel.
yeah, that makes it all the more surprising that there's a live monitor version of the game... it has to do something novel to have been worth buying a whole extra system 256 back in the day.

The live monitor was used back in the days for an audience to watch tournaments. There was a tower with a 32" or 40" flatscreen and speakers etc especially for this. Let me see if I still have photos of it somewhere.

This would be pretty cool if it's the case.

It might jump between matches running on networked 2x6 systems too.

Back