What's new

Dakken

Student
Reaction score
So i picked up a 256 for pretty cheap if it's trash no big deal, I'll just find another. I was told the drive was bad so I pull that out and replaced with the one my 246 has, still no picture. I let it sit powered on and I started hearing game audio (gundam vs). I played around with the dips and still nothing placed it in my VLX with the taito scan pcb no video same goes when I placed it in my BlastCity. Anyone have a clue what I need to look?

Hard to diagnose these as the video signal isn't liked by a lot of monitors. Sometimes I have to use one of those chinese video converters. Sometimes not.

15K signal on these is a weird interlaced resolution.. 31K should be normal VGA though.

I do know some CRTs don't support interlaced signals (and those Taito Scan PCBs only support a small sub-set of the 15K video signals). Some 246 games don't support 31K mode (though I don't believe any of the Gundam vs games are included in that).

You shouldn't have any problem displaying on the Vewlix monitor in 31K mode without the scan PCB. on a CRT you should get SOMETHING even if that something is a garbled image.

Yeah I couldn't get my VLX monitor to display anything from my 2x6 systems without the scan pcb. I think the video is shot on the 256 when I have it running on my blast it's all black but I can see some wavy lines and circles mashed into the center. Not very easy to see but it's pretty faint. Also another note I did test using one of those gonbes video converters as well and that didn't help.

Back