What's new
Looks great, really like it in white :thumbup:

Are you doing only HD gaming? Are you getting a Jamma kit for it?

Congratulations!

I've received worse looking cabs that were supposedly "refreshed". Half the fun is cleaning, exploring, and discovering Yen coins and such.

Thanks all. I can't wait to take this thing apart. it's a beautiful cabinet.

My initial plan is to hook a Windows PC up to it (think Steam DOA, Darius, SFIV) -- I'll probably even play some Minecraft and GTA5 on it (with a controller) -- hah!

I have been looking at picking up a PS3 and hooking that up too, maybe instead of the PC -- lots of good conversions on the PS3 and they are cheap to buy now, just not sure how it will look on the monitor. I've ordered a JVS-PAC from kirurg.org which should connect either a PC or PS3.

Lately, I've also been looking at maybe picking up a Lindy for some real VF5 action, still undecided.

So yeah, lots of options, don't know yet. I also like a lot of 4:3 CPS and Neo Geo MVS games and am currently playing them via emulation on a DIY bartop cabinet, but I may have to pickup a Sega Astro City cabinet for those. Don't tell my wife!!!

@mattsoft gets a cab and only one like giving so fare. Man you guys have become jaded. Derick post 3 cab's then everyone's like "Vewlix..meh i'm over it. its only one cab..." poo poo. give him more likes. :thumbup:
-dont take me too seriously that was all said for humor sake.

you should pick up at least one original hardware game for that cab. just MAME only cabs can be scary.

TTTU2 would be sweet. can't go wrong with Tekken. If you haven't read up on Taito Type X2 multi HD yet, that will really get you going.

but I may have to pickup a Sega Astro City cabinet for those.
you get a line on any Locally available AC/NAC please send me a pm if you decide to pass them up. I've been looking for a wile - Echos the internet.

@mattsoft gets a cab and only one like giving so fare. Man you guys have become jaded. Derick post 3 cab's then everyone's like "Vewlix..meh i'm over it. its only one cab..." poo poo. give him more likes.
fine if i must i will. ;)

@mattsoft congrats on your new baby so very jealous. also as mission said a ttx2 will feel very much at home in your cab.

nPUXT7G.png

If your going to hook up a STEAM box as well. you can also think about using PCSX2 and Dolphin for ps2 and wii games. i think there is a "100%" stable Wii U emulator working now. so there is that.

you can up res your PS2 and Wii games 2x or 3x (forget) resolution to 720p to match your vewlix screen. all those games would look super cool on your new shinny Vewlix. you have a very modern, versatile cab.

good threads twisted started . PS2 gamecube/Wii

Can anyone recommend a good compound/product to polish the tiny scratches out of the CP? I've also got some minor staining (I think a cigarette burn/stain) on the CP and I'm hoping it can be polished it. Thanks!

It took 2.5 hours to take apart the CP an wash all the smoke and soda from inside. I even soaked the harness in vinegar to get off the gunk. Anyway, it looks pretty good:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8998202/Vewlix/IMG_0993.JPG

Now I need to figure out some polish product to clean up the CP.

I also have a Nesica RFID reader in this thing:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8998202/Vewlix/IMG_0991.JPG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8998202/Vewlix/IMG_0992.JPG

Don't know if it works.

Lastly, the coin slot -- it's stained yellow. Anyone know where to find a new one of these?

I didn't spot any PSU, AMP or I/O PCB's in the shots - what did it come with?

Nice, like you said, it's in great shape and just needs to be cleaned up. So more of a cleaning than a restoration. Congrats on the pick up.

Cabinet is pretty much stripped:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8998202/Vewlix/IMG_1007.JPG

Top half is clean, speakers are going back in. Even the speaker drivers had a brown grease on them. Yuck!

Monitor looks good but all the vents are clogged with brown greasy fuzzy things. Will take it apart this week.

The cab definitely has a Nesica RFID reader and the Taito fast I/O card. It also has a Taito power supply and amp inside.

Hope to have it fully cleaned and put back together in 10 days or so.

Nice job, takes lots of pic if you can, you just gotta love how easy these cabs are to work on.

Back