What's new
I'll take a pic of it as soon as I get off from work. There is a broken pin on the main pcb but I manage to solder a cable to it and on to the back of the board...

i just realize that I don't have that 2nd right socket on the top of the board... Is that normal for a revision 3 board? It's a xmvsf board... Fpal with wire. Anyone else out there with similar setup? There isn't a 2nd socket on mine so the big multi board only plugs into the left socket and not the right because it isn't there....

i just realize that I don't have that 2nd right socket on the top of the board
There is your problem right there. You will need to source a different B-board. It is very rare but I have heard of another user with the same problem.

Post a picture of your B-board just to be sure, please.

by looking at the board... I think I can probably buy a 96pin socket and just solder it on.

At this point I would find a different B-board to test on to rule out a kit problem, honestly. The bars are just in the sprites which is a bit weird. I still suspect a B-board issue.

im going to try to buy another one tomorrow. Will keep everyone posted.

Try getting an american or japanese one (blue or green shells) as those boards seem to have all the right connectors. Asian and latin-american ones some times do not have all connectors, or have them a bit different.

Regards.

Try getting an american or japanese one (blue or green shells) as those boards seem to have all the right connectors. Asian and latin-american ones some times do not have all connectors, or have them a bit different.
Regards.
The current one I have is an American blue board... It was a xmvsf and it did not have all the connections....

Try getting an american or japanese one (blue or green shells) as those boards seem to have all the right connectors. Asian and latin-american ones some times do not have all connectors, or have them a bit different.Regards.
The current one I have is an American blue board... It was a xmvsf and it did not have all the connections....
Can you post a picture please so others can learn from your experience?

Here's a picture of the board with all the original roms reinstalled... You can see the upper right where I had to install the headers. The white cable is soldered to the back where one of the pins came broken off the Darksoft pcb. Even with the headers installed I would get graphical errors. I am in the process of getting another B board to see if its aa multi kit or B board problem. Hopefully I can pick it up tomorrow from a friend... Will let everyone know how it goes.

https://goo.gl/photos/PSf9eWnE42Vr7yqW9

Thank you to everyone that has been helping me through this. I'll keep everyone posted once I get a new B board.

Try getting an american or japanese one (blue or green shells) as those boards seem to have all the right connectors. Asian and latin-american ones some times do not have all connectors, or have them a bit different.Regards.
It seems I got lucky then, as the board I am using with my multikit was an XMVSF too, I corrected its jumpers, got a working G PAL (board originally had an F PAL) and it works flawlessly. Thanks for the information, hope it will be useful to people trying to get this kit to work.

Regards.

Yay! I got it to work on a different B board! :) users with board missing socket will have issues with this kit.

Darksoft, can you send me some pins for the one that came broken? It's the pin on the main pcb...

Yay! I got it to work on a different B board! :) users with board missing socket will have issues with this kit.

Darksoft, can you send me some pins for the one that came broken? It's the pin on the main pcb...
Good news and thanks for posting pics of your PCB. If you could post some close up pictures of the headerless area on the top right of your b board, that'd be great.

Where are you based? PM me for the pins.

i actually just gave the board to a friend to be phoenixes. I'll take pictures of it when I get it back in a couple of weeks. Thank you to everyone who helped me through all of this. :) I'm so happy it works!

So.....

A friend applied the audio fix SMD for me yesterday. The sound now seems to be perfect, but I think I have cause a new issue myself :rolleyes:

I have bars in the picture, no matter what the game.

I have looked at the DS kit and don’t see any issues with pins.

I have done some testing, with confirmed working kit using Phoenix roms:

Different A board
Different B board
Different SD card
Reformatted SD card several times.

Is there anything we could have done to cause this when either removing the old chip or soldering the new one in?

Attachments

• 491AACFF-E14E-4B81-9A33-AB19F98C3E0D.jpeg
    491AACFF-E14E-4B81-9A33-AB19F98C3E0D.jpeg
    78.5 KB · Views: 194
  • 31FB558E-AF4C-4685-9B9C-4D7BE2208DB9.jpeg
    31FB558E-AF4C-4685-9B9C-4D7BE2208DB9.jpeg
    115.1 KB · Views: 188
Back