What's new

Darksoft

Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
I checked the price for producing 128Mb CPS3 SIMMS.

I'm thinking of grabbing enough people to make a 50 units order. That would give a price of around $60 per SIMM.

You need to add $5 Flat Rate shipping regardless of the number of units you buy.

I have no interest in this other than making this happen. The idea is to release the gerbers so that everybody can benefit from this and make their own SIMMS if they want :)

Please post your interest. If there's enough people we'll give it a go.

15q5408.jpg

Last edited:
...maybe? I don't have a CPSIII setup yet but it feels like it might be worth it to buy the SIMMs so that I don't have to go nuts trying to find the right one when I finally get it.

How many SIMMs would be required to run your multibios? Trying to decide what I'm getting myself into it if I decide I'm in...

...maybe? I don't have a CPSIII setup yet but it feels like it might be worth it to buy the SIMMs so that I don't have to go nuts trying to find the right one when I finally get it.

How many SIMMs would be required to run your multibios? Trying to decide what I'm getting myself into it if I decide I'm in...
You need to have the same amount of SIMMS that 3rd Strike has, that is 4x128Mb +2x64MB for the Program code at SIMM1 and SIMM2.

Normally you just need to buy 1 or 2 128mb SIMMs if you have a 2nd Impact or JOJO, which are quite common.

I'd be up to layout the pcb in eagle and provide the gerbers but this leads to another idea...

I see 2 options
  1. Why not interconnect and populate all the dimms along with a microcontroller and speed up the flashing-process by writing to the ICs directly. Maybe some other, bigger ICs that can hold all the games would be possible..
  2. production of 100 pieces at itead-studio is really cheap, even with ENIG-surface. I guess we could get a single pcb for less than 3$. So if many users show interest there might be a chance that everybody can have enough dimms and then preflash them in order to have this: change the dimms to swap the games...
just a thought...

What delays so much the update is the shit code in the CPS3 BIOS which is located in the cartridge. I'll get one day to that....hopefully. CPS3 Multi BIOS V2

I'm down for a few (possibly 4)!

How about the smaller sizes as well? the 32mb and 64mb dimms are getting harder to find as well.

How about the smaller sizes as well? the 32mb and 64mb dimms are getting harder to find as well.
It's also possible, but if I see little interest on 128Mb, I won't even try going for the 32 or 64mb.

It's also possible, but if I see little interest on 128Mb, I won't even try going for the 32 or 64mb.
understood. any thoughts about advertising on other forums? spreading the word may help.

understood. any thoughts about advertising on other forums? spreading the word may help.
That'd be great if you could help.
Thread up at my usual haunt.

I would be interested in picking up one or two of these!

What about a complete replacement kit (128 and 64) to be able to play all games? I would be to buy one or two of the kits to be future proof.

What about a complete replacement kit (128 and 64) to be able to play all games? I would be to buy one or two of the kits to be future proof.
That will require a complete redesign. The idea here is just to copy the SIMMs as they are. Most people just need 2-3 extra SIMMS

I'd definitely place an order if this happens. The headache of hunting down 128mb simms is the reason I haven't dipped my toe into CPS3 already.

Back