What's new
Just bought a 2nd impact board. Can't wait for simms to play some third strike! Until then I hope you guys are ready for my sean!

I'd also be up for one or two. Got a new generation setup and I'd like to run Jojos Venture and Third Strike.

I think that seller is a member on arcadeotaku - try posting a wanted ad on there

That’s a good price right? Someone should snatch a bunch up.

Well this sucks. Arcadeotaku’s system never sends me a confirmation email. The quest for 64 meg sims continues.

I just discovered SIMM 3 on my 3rd Strike is bad. I assume SIMM 1 and 2 are 64MB because they have chips on only 1 side? And the rest are 128MB because they have chips on both sides? Is that correct? And are we basically screwed at this point until Lord Darksoft delivers us from evil? @Darksoft do you have an ETA? Thanks a bunch!

You can try to revive your simm by reflowing the flashes on them. It's about a 50/50 chance it will work again.

Do CPS2 Simms work on CPS III? I have a Puzz Loop 2 board I plan to use with CPS2 multi with (2) 64 and a 32 SIMMS. Odd thing is the 64's don't have the usual Capcom text (model #, size). The flash chips are only on one side, so I'm assuming they are 64.

Attachments

• CPS2 Puzz Loop SIMMs.jpg
    CPS2 Puzz Loop SIMMs.jpg
    956.4 KB · Views: 191
32mb simms can only be used to to run New Generation. Slot 3 is the only slot that accepts it if my memory is right.

Those 64 mb simms should work though. Pop em in and try it out.

Edit: It's actually simm 5 that accepts the 32mb simm.

The 32 will work in slots 3-7 but is only used in slot 5 by games. But yes the cps2 simms are the same as cps3.

they're the same as you can use a cps3 pcb and cps2black to rewrite the simm with phoenix/avalaunch roms to resurrect them if the battery fails.

I did it on my sf2ha all in one board.

So if they have 4 flashes on the front and
are 64Mb they're good to go.

If I had 4 × 32Mb could I swap the chips onto one to make a 128mb?

Back