What's new
I cant remember whether we had done a batch of 64s before. I dont think so.

ok. Then it was one small batch. Otherwise I would have one. :)

Nice fast work testing those SIMM's Mitsurugi-w. Thanks!
Yeah. I test the 128s by installing four new simms and doing a game write. So It takes about 45 minutes to test four. I tested 100 of them. 15 were tested bad. Half of those were not recognized by the pcb, the other gave errors during writing. In the last batch I had about the same % bad with the same symptoms. All but one was fixed by resoldering by hand. That one most likely had a bad flash. Not bad to consider one bad flash out of 800 when using NOS chips.
The batch of 64s were tested by using the SuperBIOS cart and manually writing the game files to each SIMM. I only had 30 to test in this batch. Zero bad 64s during testing. I think they are more wanted than we thought so hopefully we will get another batch of 64s in the near future. I don't think any of these 64s are going to make it to Europe.
30 to be exact.

Darksoft and I both forgot about that batch. LOL.

C6D99D67-E1C2-469C-AE2F-27FB9960A197.jpeg

Reactions: Rix
So does this mean you may do a run of 64s? I just bought a couple but wouldn't mind putting a few on the shelf for a rainy day. Ultimately Flash memory lasts a long time, but with each write cycle it will degrade.

can 128mb substitute the 64 ones, simply by the amount of memory? or that`s something more that it really needs the 64 mb SIMM?

can 128mb substitute the 64 ones, simply by the amount of memory? or that`s something more that it really needs the 64 mb SIMM?
This keeps being asked. You need the 64s, you need the exact amounts in the exact sizes, no way around it right now.

It does suck, but I linked to a guy who is selling the 64s really cheap if you need some.

@Darksoft @Mitsurugi-w so my chance of seeing a batch of that is slim to none ?

I PM'd @nem twice without any response.
Our priority is to get good SIMMs at reasonable price. Till now we got reasonable price and good quality, but soldering was poor and 30% of the SIMMs needed rework. Notice that the margin here is close to zero. I produce these because there are almost none available in the market, so I do it when I can and with preorders.
64Mb are yet to be found, but 128Mb are much harder.

@Darksoft @Mitsurugi-w so my chance of seeing a batch of that is slim to none ?

I PM'd @nem twice without any response.
Our priority is to get good SIMMs at reasonable price. Till now we got reasonable price and quality of product was good, but soldering was poor and 30% of the SIMMs needed rework. Notice that the margin here is close to zero. I produce these because there are almost none available in the market, so I do it when I can and with preorders.64Mb are yet to be found, but 128Mb are much harder.
DS, I hate to say it and think it, but the demand for the 128Mbs is getting crazy on eBay the prices are $150+. Maybe it's time you just raised your prices on them? I know no one wants that, but it would alleviate your issues with trying to get good ones cheap. $55 each is good, but even $65-75 each would be reasonable if it would save your time fixing 30% of them. I'm ok waiting longer for these, but maybe striking while the iron is hot at a little higher price would be better than waiting for the perfect deal to come along?

There's some for sale on ebay.co.uk - he's also a member on ArcadeOtaku if I remember right....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Capcom-C...014642?hash=item21488b60f2:g:QCwAAOSwaMpZmJBo

I also have a CPS3 JOJO PCB on way from Japan I'm scavenging the 128Mb's off to get my second SF2-3S up and running.

At the moment I have a full DS-multi, SF2-2i and a completely empty CPS3 PCB (and a pair of 32Mb simms). The plan is to have two working DS-Multi's a spare m/b, 64Mb & 128Mb. the rest will be up for sale.

If DS gets his 128M simm run in before the JOJO PCB turns up then I'll get new simms for mine and sell the JOJO on at cost.

It's weird, you link works, but as a US eBayer, I can't see his listing.

Back