What's new
Hello!

See below Gerber Files for SIMM ready to go into production.

Notice that I still got some units left!! If you want to order the moment is now. PM me for info.

Attachments

• CPS3_Schem.png
    CPS3_Schem.png
    139.6 KB · Views: 555
I decided to move this thread here as this is not a Project IDEA any more..... :)

See pics below. Notice the small DARKSOFT text on the right.

Attachments

• Simm memory back.jpg
    Simm memory back.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 602
  • Simm memory front.jpg
    Simm memory front.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 536
I'm intrested in the 6 have an unpoulated CPS3 board. either I want to sell that or get 6 dimms to populate it.
You could use four of these but you would still need to source two 64mb SIMMs to populate your pcb. The 128s do not work in slots 1 and 2.

Samples arrived. If they work well, I'll have the rest soldered....and shipped to you guys.

Attachments

• Simm sample front.jpg
    Simm sample front.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 512
  • Simm sample back.jpg
    Simm sample back.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 498
This is fantastic! I've wanted a few spares for some time, and I passed on putting together a second CPS3 setup together since it was annoying to find spare SIMMs.

DS, can I just send payment to your PP? How many do you have left? 8)

Right now he only has the first samples. There is a correction that needs to be made. Darksoft will keep you all posted I'm sure.

I will need x3 if I want to run 3rd Strike on my New generation board, is that correct? my board currently its like this:

Slot1: 64 mbit
slot2: empty
slot3: 128 mbit
slot4: 128 mbit
slot5: 32 mbit
slot6: empty
slot7: empty

So I'll need to get x2 extra 128mb simms and replace the 32mb one for a 128mb or just install it on slot 7. is this possible?

I will need x3 if I want to run 3rd Strike on my New generation board, is that correct? my board currently its like this:

Slot1: 64 mbit
slot2: empty
slot3: 128 mbit
slot4: 128 mbit
slot5: 32 mbit
slot6: empty
slot7: empty

So I'll need to get x2 extra 128mb simms and replace the 32mb one for a 128mb or just install it on slot 7. is this possible?
Check here:
http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php/CPS-III

You will remove the 32 and discard it (or save it for a different project). You only need to add two 128s. Then you will need to source a 64 from somewhere. Should have four 128s and two 64s. The 32 will not work with Third Strike.

You can't use a 128 to replace a 64. You must use the specific SIMM setup. Remember, this isn't ram. They are flash chip modules.

Understood, I'll need a pair of 128's then look elsewhere for a 64mbit one, I will send you my NG suicided cart tomorrow for Bios+standard SH2 mod.

Back