What's new
15q5408.jpg

The SIMMs arrived in my inbox today. Amazing looking. Incredibly clean, shiny, and downright awesome! Even though i wound up purchasing a second CPS3 system (as my New Generation setup didn't have enough 64 MB SIMMs, nor the DarkSoft SuperBIOS), once that arrives i'll be replacing the nearly 20 year old Capcom SIMMs with the brand new DarkSoft ones. So once the new setup is in my hands, I'll go and offer up the original Capcom SIMMs for sale myself.

DS & Mitsu, got my simms in the mail today, thanks again for another wonderful product :thumbup: .

Just waiting on my scsi2sd board to arrive to try these out.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Just waiting on my scsi2sd board to arrive to try these out.
Just FYI, you don't need a CD drive (or the SCSItoSD for that matter) connected to the CPS3 board (as long as you have a game cart with Darksoft's superbios) to test the SIMMs.

While powering up the CPS3 press and hold (as far as I remember) player 1 start button. That'll take you to the Darksoft menu. There you can apply various tests on the SIMMs...

However, by "trying out", you mean flashing and playing a game, then yes you need a media as you said...

You can test that the memory is detected without a CD but to test functionality you will need to have files to write to the simm. And for that you will need a CD or SCSI2SD.

OK GUYS, GIVEN THE BIG DEMAND ON THESE, we are going to do a 2nd batch of again 50 units. This time it will be muuuch easier.

If someone want to order some, please PM ASAP. First ordered, first served.

I also have some nice news for the community as I'm sharing the gerber files to make or troubleshoot your own SIMMS.

Get the files here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/q1m3lzteve6v89i/CPS3_128MB_SIMM.rar

I included a quick CAM file if you want to see it with Altium.

Have fun!

Awesome! Any chance of making the 64MB simms? or could you just place 128MB simms in all slots? I know the requirement seems to be 4 x 128mb & 2 64MB to be able to play all the games.

Awesome! Any chance of making the 64MB simms? or could you just place 128MB simms in all slots? I know the requirement seems to be 4 x 128mb & 2 64MB to be able to play all the games.
not for now.

Back