What's new
Recently, I bought a CPS 3 system with Street Fighter III New Generation. I want to change to the multi boot DARKSOFT BIOS and I wonder to know how many SIMMS do i still need to buy to run the other five game especially SF3.3.

You need a full set of sims.

Four 128mb
Two 64mb

If you're already running new generation then you'll need two 128mb and one 64mb

Finally, I received my Street fighter 3 CPS III motherboard yesterday. However, I found there are only 2*128 + 1*32 simms on the left slot and 1*64 simms on the right slot. Because the 64M simm is not available and only 128M simms are in stock, I wonder if 4*128M simms installed to the left slot and 1*64 + 1*128M simms installed to the right slot can make SF3.3 run. Thanks!

No. The two slots on the right have to be 64mbit sims.

Yes. I'll just say "good luck" finding a spare 64-MB SIMM. Unless Darksoft plans to re-make those SIMMs, you might have to plop down money on another full set up just to grab the 64 MB SIMM from it. That is what I ended up having to do since there were no 64 MB ones available.

From my experience, it's not the 128 MB SIMMs that are keeping people from being able to get their multi-CPS3 setup going, it's the 64 MB SIMM that kills it. So good luck. Might not be a bad idea to have a spare CPS3 mainboard and a bunch of SIMMs around anyway. Can always do what I did and sell off the spare pieces and get some money back.

That would definitely be cool Darksoft. I myself no longer need the 64 MB SIMMS (my setup is running perfectly fine already), but for those getting fresh into this system who don't want to spend the large amounts for Third Strike Capable CPS3 setups it would really help. New Generation CPS3 setups seem to go for a bit less than 3rd Strike setups.

Perhaps offer a package which includes a Repro Cart/PCB, a 64 MB SIMM, and a selection of 1/2 128 MB SIMMs. This way folks can get any working CPS3 setup regardless of which game it is but still be able to get the Darksoft Multi CPS3.

Perhaps offer a package which includes a Repro Cart/PCB, a 64 MB SIMM, and a selection of 1/2 128 MB SIMMs. This way folks can get any working CPS3 setup regardless of which game it is but still be able to get the Darksoft Multi CPS3.
Makes sense :)

@Darksoft, your fine work, and the purchase of a CPSIII board brought me here.
Kudos.

I'm highly interested in a full replacement kit for my current board.
While my current kit is working fine, I'd love to have a spare around to keep her running for years to come.

Full replacement as in 4 X 128 and 2 X 64, or if anything 2 of each.
I'll just have to keep tabs on this forum from here on out.
Thank you!

Glad to have you here. We currently have no Simms. We'll do another batch of reproduction and post it here as soon as it's available.

glad to.have you here. We currently have.no Simms. Well.do another batch of reproduction and post it here as soon as it's available.
OK Awesome! Do you have a time frame of when you will be doing this?
If not, I can just monitor this from week to week and just wait until an announcement is made.

Also on a side note, THANK YOU for all your hard work with the CPSIII platform.
Never have I had such an easier time getting it up and running using these forums and your gear.
You've made my CPS3 dreams come true while adding longevity to my investment.
Cheers buddy!

Good afternoon, I'm from Rio de Janeiro and I need a 128mb memory for my CPS3. How do I order? Is there a direct selling website for the purchase of these CPS3 memories? Thank you.

Back