What's new
You do fully understand its linked in red at the top of this thread, along with a very clear readme inside the download zip on what to do to make it work

Sorry not here to hold your hand anymore than that
Don't want you to hold my hand. I'm just saying it is hard to understand, and apparently I haven't been the only one. When you mention certain partitions that do not exist on Niko's folder or the thing with the folders which you have to rename, but in the first post you mention it is just drag and drop. I'm just saying it is not clear, just that. Awesome job.

I am going to do this as lightly as possible
1:
This thread isn't about the x2, we modded the post, and put a red link at the top of the page.

2 Inside the download there's a very long and detailed readme. With details such as how to delete a game, how to setup a games and the menu also has a debug screen that will print you out exactly the names and folders it is expecting

Mod Edit # 2: You can get your point across AND not be a jerk. It is possible.

Last edited:
I am going to do this as lightly as possible
1:
This thread isn't about the x2, we modded the post, and put a red link at the top of the page.

2 Inside the download there's a very long and detailed readme. With details such as how to delete a game, how to setup a games and the menu also has a debug screen that will print you out exactly the names and folders it is expecting
1 I know this is not frontend thread for Niko´s multi, but there is not such a thread. Thats why I tried to ask here, and suggested a new thread with people trying to use it in Niko´s multi. Just that.

2 The fact that I asked in another thread just indicates that I don´t know how to do it, no that I didn´t read your file. In fact tried to read it, but the moment even the drives are not right, together with not very clear information, or the fact that just copied your file and those button combinations didn´t work (for me the setting menu is button 5 or 6 can´t remember not 5+6, and other combinations just don't work),I thought it wouldn´t be of much use. For example you want people to change the settings and that is why the Nessica theme is not on from the start, but it took me time to figure out how to change themes, cause nowhere explains how to change themes, so I was afraid I was doing something wrong. Punctuation missing, or sometimes you mention "settings" menu other "options" menu. Just that, I'm just giving you the view of a noob, trying to do some positive criticism, the frontend is awesome.

Awesome work.

@atrfate

please I would like to update NxL to attract Mode 2.4 now layout is different and the commands do not work and the images are in the wrong position would have how to update the layout please I really like the front end and would like to use version 2.4 of AM

Last edited:
it works in 2.4, as always you have to use the custom plugins folder, when updating AM just use the new exe,

but a better question is why are you updating, the change-log docent really have super important features.

Last edited:
By chance is there a SD vertical NXL theme or only the HD?
Would love to use the SD NXL on my tated Astro. :rolleyes:

it is hd only, i think but i mean it will render just things might appear a bit out of aspect

it is hd only, i think but i mean it will render just things might appear a bit out of aspect
Yeah I just ran it and it indeed does look a bit out of aspect. :( Any chance the time might be found to make an SD version? In all honesty it really is the best looking front end theme out there.

not likely if i where to put anymore time into it at this point id want to update some of the old calls in the skins to make the work in the newer versions of am where some of the theme code wise dont work anymore

not likely if i where to put anymore time into it at this point id want to update some of the old calls in the skins to make the work in the newer versions of am where some of the theme code wise dont work anymore
:( Yeah I understand. I appreciate all the work you’ve put into it. Thank you for the great theme. :thumbsup:

By any chance can anyone post a sample of how to launch a Type X2 game using this front end? It would really help me.. I’ve been trying for sometime now.

By any chance can anyone post a sample of how to launch a Type X2 game using this front end? It would really help me.. I’ve been trying for sometime now.
if your referring to launching games on the x2, system itself then using the special package for nikos multi will debug spit out correct paths meaning if it loads it nikos mutli already it should work minus games that require special paths due to naming issues. (those spit out the debug strings to change path)

if your referring to how to launch them on a pc, its literately no different to launching an emulator or any other command-line program via a standered frontend *this means any frontend, form hyperspin to mala to attract mode

every front-end works off romlist whats in that list is what it loads if your game is "Game1" then it will attempt to load game1 as defined by the emulator path so for hyperspin,attract mode ect you have to setup said emulator path, in the case of pc games its even easier as shortcuts are loadable

if your referring to launching games on the x2, system itself then using the special package for nikos multi will debug spit out correct paths meaning if it loads it nikos mutli already it should work minus games that require special paths due to naming issues. (those spit out the debug strings to change path)
if your referring to how to launch them on a pc, its literately no different to launching an emulator or any other command-line program via a standered frontend *this means any frontend, form hyperspin to mala to attract mode

every front-end works off romlist whats in that list is what it loads if your game is "Game1" then it will attempt to load game1 as defined by the emulator path so for hyperspin,attract mode ect you have to setup said emulator path, in the case of pc games its even easier as shortcuts are loadable

Thank you for the help. You are correct I was talking about launching them on a PC and I believe my paths might be wrong. :S I’ll check it tonight and report back. Again thank you for the help.

@atrfate I recently got this setup and configured on my TTX2 multi but I have a weird sound problem with the menu.

I get audio output in games but no audio output in menu. I've checked the sound settings in the config and even reset the config but no change.

Interestingly when I run AM from my TTX hard drive on my PC sound works great in the menu... it's only silent when running on my TTX2 hardware.

This is in the NXL SD theme.

Any idea what the problem could be?

One other thing I noticed is that when selecting a game if I go to the right edge an push right, then the games all shift right and it highlights the game to the left of where I was (and visa-versa on the left edge). this seem to function in the reverse from what I would expect. I'm not sure if this is intended behavior or not.
I too have this problem. No sound in the attract mode menus unless I quit to NIKO's and then re run the front end. Once the frontend has been restarted i have sound.

How to make AttractMode support Chinese, the current Chinese display is garbled.谢谢

Mod edit: Note that this there is a "drag and drop" version of this, ready configured for Niko's TX2 Multi: see this post in the "A Freeware Taito TypeX2 Multigame" thread.

http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=870.0
===================Please Take the Time to ReadBelow!!========================

Hey Everyone sorry To nuke this thread 1st Post! But I am going to be Redoing a Fewthings To make it easier for myself in the future
NXL Will now be split into Downloads To help my Awful upload speed So, by updating a small thing I wont have to reupload the entire thing. How I will be doing this is via Artwork packs
NXL will come in 2 main Verions.
NXL Theme update Only. This is ment for those who are using their own customartwork, or those or are just updating a preexisting install This is ment to be drag and dropped into the layout folder No fuss no muss
Nxl BaseInstall This is going to include everything presetup Minus Romlist and Artwork This will have rocketlauncher and the AM ingreation pack This is ment for beginners who dont know where to start
This will include all 3 versions of the theme and the screen saver Iv made.
What about the Artwork packs?

Well You download the baseinstall, and pick a artwork pack the current list of artwork packs avilable are
Cave ::
Taito Type X::
NesicaXlive::
Pc Games::
Inside Each ArtworkPack You will find a Emulator.cfg File, And a Romlist
Extract the Contents of The pack To your artwork Folder.
"../Artwork/Cave"
Then Take the Romlist open it up in Notepad++ And copy the Romlist, Then naivgate to your romlist of choice, and paste it in YOU can even use this time to remove games you dont intend on ever playing!
Once that is dont Save your Romlist and Copy the "cave".cfg File form the artwork Pack into your ../Am/Emulators/ Folder. This is what sets the path inside AM for it to scan for your artwork
Once this is setup with these 3 easy setups You have setup the frontend!, its up to you at this point to configure your prefered method to launch the game
=================================================================================
Addtional information
To unlock More features insde of of my frontend I have changed the meaning behind some of the default strings inside the romlist so when adding your own games take this into account.
#Name;Title;Emulator;CloneOf;Year;Manufacturer;Category;Players;Rotation;Control;Status;DisplayCount;DisplayType;AltRomname;AltTitle;Extra
This is the current default settings inside a AM romlist.
This is the current Strings inside ours lets check out how it differs
Yatagarasu;Yatagarasu Attack on cataclysm;Nesica;;2015;Nyu Media;Fighting;1-2;4.3;6;300000;;;Nesica;ヤタガラス Attack on Cataclysm;
The [Rotation Tag] has Been changed And NXL pulls this as if it ment Game Version
The [Control] Tag Wants to know the number of buttons used 1-6 For the selected game.
The [Status] Tag Any number higher then 400000 Will make the network appear online, place a random large number here for online games, leave blank if the game has no online features
[Alt Romname] This is A system of Orgin tag this diffifers form "emulator" beacuse The emulator may be mame, but you would like the system of orgin to display something else
[AltTitle] Is being used to display japnease Text.

==================================================================================
Planned Artwork Sets:: Currently
TouHou Games.
=================================================================================

Download Links Remember to read above Last Update 12-14-2017
https://mega.nz/#F!YkZEUKTb!19Q_hDmkUPGh2AGi6L3glA

Currently still Uploading

pras.jpg

Change Log
Added More Manufactures To Db,
Changed some of the text displayed onscreen
Other tweaks.

Special Thanks to Arcadebliss, for helping me alot early on
Link off = /
share new link for download plsss

Last edited:
Been busy irl, and nikos new multi is out anyway with no confirmation that it works on it, when i get some time ill look into updating it untill then i cba to reupload something thats broken likely on current multi.

Been busy irl, and nikos new multi is out anyway with no confirmation that it works on it, when i get some time ill look into updating it untill then i cba to reupload something thats broken likely on current multi.
Hello,

I hope I'm not barking up the wrong tree but I'm a bit stuck. I am looking to use this amazing NesicaxLive AM theme on my vewlix cabinet. I have a Win 10 PC as a host. I got the download that had AM with the theme already pre-installed, but I am at a loss as to how to add other platforms such as MAME, SNES, NES, etc.

Is it possible with this theme to add different "displays" or something to toggle between the different platforms? I am using just a fightstick with limited buttons so things like being able to jump to certain letters of the alphabet for long game lists are nice for sure.

Thanks ahead a time for any help.

Back