What's new
If you're going to edit the romslist, use notedpad++. Corey informed me that notepad or a regular text editor does not like some of the kanji characters and will not save them properly.

Take out the # symbols if you want a game to display. I've currently got about 40 games running on mine (hacks or others like boss mode KOF98UM with a new video and wheel art).

I just edited the folder names to match the rom list. I just wanted to double check I had it right. I basically update my drive to Niko's 1.3, then added the 2 new games, the added Corey's version of Atrfate's FE, then added Atrfate's update to that, then wanted to make sure my folder names were correct.

If you're going to edit the romslist, use notedpad++. Corey informed me that notepad or a regular text editor does not like some of the kanji characters and will not save them properly.

Take out the # symbols if you want a game to display. I've currently got about 40 games running on mine (hacks or others like boss mode KOF98UM with a new video and wheel art).
Oh someone creamed themself when they saw how pretty it is ;d dont forget if you have a ps2 keyboard attaced you can edit the settings Coerey didnt put the artwork toggle button in its my default set to 'custom2" in the menu press TAb use the arrow keys go to controls press enter go all the way to the bottem till you see custom 2 hit enter and bind it to one of the unused buttons on your arcade then go back to the menu mode pretty sure he will fix this in later releases pressing this button will let you toggle between video snap and flyer.

Currently their is no animations set during the toggle, because of limitations to how its currently implemented it should however play a "special* toggle sound during artwork swaps

Currently their is no animations set during the toggle, because of limitations to how its currently implemented it should however play a "special* toggle sound during artwork swaps
Cool, thanks for the clarification.

SOMEONE (me) should (will) make a 1.3 drive image torrent with this and the games...... ;)

also, where can I get the two new games?
well the good news is layout updates can be drag and dropped and change nothing beside what you see on the screen so any update for the layout that works on pc will also work on a ttx, on a pi if you run it their ect
I have other layouts in the mix i might finish one day that use the same baseartwork ie wheel image flyer snap
Example:: keep in mind rought demo, but the idea is once the GUI is setup you can change it because AM is very flexible Games are based on list and path, and Gui is kinda its own thing. and yes that is a sega all net clone

Attachments

• sega.jpg
    sega.jpg
    632.2 KB · Views: 615
Last edited:
I have other layouts in the mix i might finish one day that use similar baseartwork ie wheel image flyer snap
Like a vertical one ? :D :rolleyes:
The only way i will be editing a vertical build is once i get all the features and bug fixes implemented so maybe one day beacuse keeping up and patching 4 versions each time i fix a bug is kinda a big hassle.

what about those of us that have... games not on the list... how would we go about adding them?

i plan to write something proper up soon.

this is what i have sent to someone else regarding adding new games.
hope it helps till i do a better write up

the list config is located at E:\NesicaXlive\AM\romlists\PC GAMES.txt
when editing use something like notepad ++ as normal notepad changes the encoding which AM does not like

each line is a game with each parameter seperated by a ;

the parameters are as follows
#Folder_Name;Title;Emulator;CloneOf;Year;Manufacturer;Category;Players;Version;Control;Status;DisplayCount;DisplayType;AltRomname;AltTitle;Extra
Folder_Name = folder name
Title = game name displayed at the top centre of the menu
Emulator = name of the emulator to be used for launching. in this case its just a reference to the config used to launch nikos ttx run so every thing will be PC Games
CloneOf = not used leave empty
Year = year game was made. displayed on right hand side of menu
Manufacturer = name of manufacturer displayed on the right side of the menu
Category = game genre displayed on right side of menu
Players = number of players eg 1-4, 1 or 1-2 displyed on right side of menu
Version = games version number displayed on right hand side of menu
Control = determines control layout image displayed on the right hand side of menu. number from 1 - 6 representing number of buttons game uses
Status = unused leave empty
DisplayCount = unused leave empty
DisplayType = unused leave empty
AltRomname = unused leave empty
AltTitle = text displayed at bottom of menu. currently used for game name in japanese text
Extra = unused leave empty

so to make an entry for a game named checkers in a folder called cheakers
checkers;Checkers;PC Games;;2016;a company;board game;1-2;1.0;1;;;;;チェッカーズ;

Neat Couple of things::

If you can use a ps2 keyboard you can change settings
Tab to bring up the menu

You can go to "sound" and turn up the videos and screen saver module

You can also go to "General" Then go to window mode setting and you should be able to set it to "fill" screen that should get it full screen

You can bind a button in "controls" this button is at the bottom called "custom2" To change the video artwork out ON-the fly for Snap shot and title

You can define in "Screen saver" the ammout of time to wait before the screen saver is active

All artwork is made for every game currently as far as i am aware so that's a name issue. You can check that the gamelist name matchs the/nesicaxlive/am/artwork/logos name for SFIV

great work.

im working on a fix for those few issue you mentioned.

also you should credit atrfate and ArcadeBliss directly in the description as they are the main contributors/creators.

All artwork is made for every game currently as far as i am aware so that's a name issue.
my bad remove the space from the street fighter iv.png in the logos folder

great work.

im working on a fix for those few issue you mentioned.

also you should credit atrfate and ArcadeBliss directly in the description as they are the main contributors/creators.
And to that point Aracadebliss over at Attract-Mode forums helped me alot in programming the theme early on and still helps me with updates originally had a functional but broken menu, and he helped code it a lot even made me start keeping a change log rofl

I am personally responsible for every Artwork asset created along with Providing the source and psd files for each inside the layout file.

Back