What's new
So i copied the entire layount "NXL SD" in my fresh installed Attract Mode configured with Mame.
Any layout I use (added Nevato and Flat_blue to the default layouts) is working fine and during the emulation the CPU load goes to 0%.
But when i just enable the NXL SD layout for Mame, the focus keep on AM and the CPU load reach 50%.
So, there must be something in the layout :|

layouts do not control that, so it cant be. its prolly in the emulator setup also 2 files form a stock AM build have been modified, in their default.nuts for animate so id recommend just trying it and copying your own emulator/romlist configs into the presetup one.

Edit
also should mention when your just loading a massive mame list you are missing alot of information the fe is trying to pull form romlist number of buttons to game ids among other things,
on top of that you have alot of artwork thats going to be missing causing performace studders as it scans a harddrive for files that dont exist.

Last edited:
I did also that.
I copied the working emulator cfg and romlist in NesicaX making a new display.
I also did modify the Cave preset to launch Mame.
Nothing, the CPU stay around 20/30% during the game browsing and jump to 50% while Mame is running
Sorry artfate but must be just a weird bug on my PC
I will try on a different machine

Dows still run on the TTX2? Does it include ultra sf4?

Dose it run on a TTX2? yes Dose it include Ultra? No , this isn't games nor links to games, this is a Gui

Hmm thanks. So I need the files first and then this menu?

I found some 29gb magnet link, but itvdoes not include ultra and after 30 minutes ds get still says 0byts.

So if somebody can help me out, please feel free to pn me. thanks

The NXL theme is working great, and thx Corey to bring it to nikomulti.
I saw a user call coreyg88 ( is he corey?) at another forum that make some change for the theme and its look so close to the real thing, is it possible to use it with the AM? The animated nesica card look awesome!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 4.24.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 4.24.48 PM.png
    430.3 KB · Views: 573
Last edited:
any modification made to my original are going to be out of date, codebase wise, and the code is already a hot mess i personaly have no intention to make it look more real then it currently dose, beacuse the card symbol to me is meaningless, and id rather have a more functional gui, that iv made.

some of the features and changes are

Game logo on the top left
Manufacture logo on the top right
system of origin under the game logo
Artwork toggle button, select between video snap shots, or flyer on the fly
Original game Japanese title at the bottom of the screen
network logos reacting to if a game has online features showing offline/online

And fully translated to boot.

I saw a user call coreyg88 ( is he corey?)
lollolololololololol

yea thats me i was trolling DEX with that video. its actually of the real nesica menu. he was spouting his was more original but had a hissy because atrfate said his colours were off.

Edit:
i should mention their is ZERO chance of that being shared for reasons i cant even say with out given away what would happen if i did.

I saw a user call coreyg88 ( is he corey?)
lollolololololololol
yea thats me i was trolling DEX with that video. its actually of the real nesica menu. he was spouting his was more original but had a hissy because atrfate said his colours were off.

Edit:
i should mention their is ZERO chance of that being shared for reasons i cant even say with out given away what would happen if i did.
LOL, I see, what artfate made is really good and the colour look good to me too. :thumbsup:

Artfate, where are those rss like info locate? I can't find it at the rom list file or other place, how can I add those if I wanna add some new games?
And can it be edit with something like colour code? :thumbsup: Thx you so much.

And Corey when will the 720p edition be available? That's will be cool if we can have it with the niko multi. ;)

As a graphic guy I feel bad because I don't know anything about coding, I just can replace some graphic or add some detail on it................. :S

its not inside the romlist but inside the layout.nut, inside a table it is bound to the manufacture of the game.

"i should mention their is ZERO chance of that being shared for reasons i cant even say with out given away what would happen if i did."

Don't keep us in the dark. What will happen? The sun will go out, the moon will explode? Super Massive black hole will swallow our universe? The return of Jebus?? What man, what?

none of the above.

the return of the mole people

Sorry for this Newb's ?, but is there a step by step guide anywhere to set this up, I'm having trouble loading games through the attract mode, but games in RL load fine. I don't know how to link the 2. Thank you for your help.

You can set this launcher to boot directly into 720p on Type X2 using the drop-in patch from corey :D

I tested a lot of the games from the multidrive and they all fall back to 640x480 perfectly fine and if you use the test menu > exit trick the menu re-launches in 720p. Very simple to do:

1. Plug x2 hard drive into windows computer and let it mount
  2. Open up regedit
  3. Put your cursor on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and click File > Load Hive
  4. Navigate to the C drive for your X2 should be labeled TTX2Multi[C] and open WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\config\SOFTWARE
  5. Give the hive a label such as “typex” and you will now see HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\typex
  6. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\typex\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
  7. Right click on the right side of regedit and select New > String Value
  8. Give it a name such as “720p” the name is irrelevant
  9. Set the value data to “RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,dtcfg setmode 1 1280 720 32 60”
  10. Navigate back to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\typex and select File > Unload Hive and click Yes
  11. Unmount the hard drive from your Windows computer and plug it back into the X2. It will now boot to 720p every time on boot up.
8v9D4Fcl.jpg

Edit: this also lets you run crimson clover in 720p as well

Last edited:
You should change it to 2 Rows instead of 3 it looks a bit better imho and runs smoother
res tab go to layout options
You can set this launcher to boot directly into 720p on Type X2 using the drop-in patch from corey :D
8v9D4Fcl.jpg

Edit: this also lets you run crimson clover in 720p as well
based of that screen shot I can tell that thats an older build setup with 3 rows over 2 you may have to press tab go to layout options and change this
Also in Coereys Build he forgot to map the "artwork toggle" press tab controls and you can rebind everything there
id recommend going to my downloads, download the hd theme only and place that in your am/layouts folder then while inside the menu press tab go to displays and select the new updated one.
you can also download those artwork packs for newer artwork just place them inside the artwork folders defined in the am/emulators/emulator.cfg

the current downloads are not the most up to date, and Iv been meaning to upload all the new things iv made, just haven't gotten around to it.
However the 3 themes inside the downloads are HD SD and Vert Remain unchanged. its only the artwork packs thats gotten major updates.

Here is the newest TTX And nesica setup, with no videos, and some missing elements
https://mega.nz/#F!1l5RlKbK!ulJy5Wkf9WNyT_KHFjikmQ
I have taken the time and made around 90+ custom videos but because i am not fully done and my net sucks I haven't uploaded the archives So these are the updates minus the videos, when i complete those at some-point A complete pack will be uploaded like the ones in the current download section
Each of the videos made dont focus on game-play so much as more stylized loud videos that want you to click on the game because it looks neat

Things included and Redone in this are included but not limited to

Fully Re-Texture dumped every logo possible straight form the games when possible
Updated Every Title/Snap/Character select menu and various other goodies.
Updated a number of Grid images that I just wasn't quite happy with
Made Wheel images for the racing/odd ball games Still not complete.

Here is a preview of some of the changes form the current full back to the limited pack linked above.
http://imgur.com/a/s7yk8

For people who watch this it docent matter what platform you run it on a pc or ttx, the artwork and theme files are interchange able it isn't some magic sauce to update the theme you place it in the "layout" folder to update the artwork you place it in the artwork folder nothing more and it dosent matter the platform even if you ran my theme on a raspberry pi with the "cave" artwork set to update the theme you would do the same steps

Hey Guys,
how do I install the frontend on Taito X2? The "tutorial" on the first Page seems to be PC only.
I got a spare SSD with Niko multiinstall, what changes do I need to do to get it to work?
:D

Reactions: nio
Back