What's new
Yo, that is a great price. I have one and they work like a dream. A must have with any CPS3 setup. Fully recommended.

Will this mount to the CPS3 Plexi case that Jasen's Customs was selling?

Great price. To bad it's 19.00 to ship up here.

Great price. To bad it's 19.00 to ship up here.
I hear you. I pretty much had to stop sending anything out of the US because it's bare minimum $14 even for tiny packages :/

And yeah these scsi2sd's are great. Be sure to update the firmware before you try to configure it or you could end up having headaches.

I was tempted many times to buy it before, but held out till the repro SIMMS became available. Good thing I did. Glad some are also able to pounce on the deal.

Not sure. But for this application, it should work the same. Jump on the pricing and you'll be fine.

excellent, comes with a sd card I can use on an everdrive!

So I got this up and running pretty easily. Inertial Computing already has this board updated with the latest 4.6 firmware. Also, there is a new hardware revision of SCSI2SD, but the project owner only released the first non-beta firmware recently and admits he is ironing out the kinks. Although, he could just be saying this to clear inventory. Anyhow, here is what you need to do to get it going:
  1. Remove the jumper. It is only there to prevent the jumper pins from puncturing the anti-static bag during shipping. There is another purpose for connecting external devices, but that is academic for this purpose.
  2. Use the SCSI2SD-Utility to configure it using these settings posted here.
  3. Burn the image to SD card.
    1. Follow these instructors if your using a Mac.
    2. Use Winhex if you're using a PC.
    3. Personally, I haven't switched over to Mac yet. And I only use a PC for work these days. I used Disk Image Writer in Ubuntu which is built in to that OS. Worked perfectly. No formatting required. Just right click the image file and select open with Disk Image Writer. (On a side note, I used Ubuntu to format the SD cart for the ST-V multi as well. No issues.)
  4. If you have the repro CPS3 cart, download the standard image. Also, use the standard image if you replaced the SH2 chip on the cart either yourself or it was services by Mitsurugi-w
  5. If you have the SuperBIOS only mod (the lower cost $55 service by Mitsurugi-w), use the custom image.
Wire it all back up and enjoy!

What kind of cable do I buy for this bad boy?

You want a 50pin to 50pin scsi cable

I just purchased one, very pumped :)

Just got this and it works brilliantly! Personally, I used the HDD Raw Copy tool to burn the iso to the micro SD (I formatted it using Fat32...not sure if it matters). Now my CPS-3 setup fits easily into my cab without the annoying CD drive.

I got mine in too. It's smaller in person. I just need to find a good encoder now, and I can start consolizing this baby. It's so nice when all these little things (simms and scsi2sd) come together

Back