What's new

Urabutbl

Student
Reaction score
Hey, I've posted this on Arcade Otaku as well, but thought I'd try here as well.

So I just go a "new" New Astro City cab with a 1p cp and MS9 set vertically, which was supposed to be my shmup cab, and I ran into a weird issue. I hooked up DoDonPachi DaiFukkatsu 1.5, and I can't get the picture to fit on screen - specifically the horizontal width, which since the screen is vertical means I can't see either the top or the bottom of the screen. I have to choose to either see my score or my bombs.

Now, I'm a newbie at monitor stuff but not a complete moron, so I google and find that what I assumed must be the answer- the dip on the chassi board must be set to "wide". But nope, it's on "narrow". I swap it over anyway, but no help there. Then, before I start messing with serious monitor stuff (like the coil, which I haven't even located), I decide to check some other PCB's. And... Alcon, Gunsmoke, ArcadeSD, Namco Collection 2 (sadly, I don't have another Cave-PCB to try)... they all fit fine on screen. It's just DDP DF that's screwed up. I've also reconnected the DDP DF a million times, thinking it might be the connection, but nope. Small problem at the end of the day, but I did buy this cab specifially for shmups. So... any ideas?

tl;dr: DDP DF won't fit on a Nanao MS9-screen, but other vertical games will.

Silly question, have you adjusted the H. Width on the remote board? I'd test it in my astro but my MS9 chassis is dead right now till I can recap.

Yeah, it wouldn't let me adjust any further than to about two inches missing.

However, fiddled with the H Size Limit pot on the chassi, and that did in fact turn out to be the problem - so it is now fixed!

cool. Always nice when you can fix a problem by yourself. :)

Back