What's new

hieihell

Beginner
Reaction score
hey guys, recently picked up a new generation cart and jojo venture cart. Pretty sure jojo is dead, it shows a black screen on boot up. The new generation cart boots to a multi colored block screen but I can't get into a test mode on either carts. Due to this neither have obviously been installed. Currently installed is my 2i game that works 100%. Also have 4 128mb & 2 64mb SIMMs setup. The main question, what's going on with this new generation cartridge? I have a picture available to show the issue, just don't want to upload it and break a rule. I'll go see if there's a rule on it.

I hope this is the right section for my question, if not I apologize mods.

Both are dead from the sound of it. You can take the cart apart and clean the contacts really good and try again. Black screen and scrambled are common suicide screens depending on your cart revision.

thanks again mitsurugi! I had slight hope for NG, but that just means I'll get to turn both into DS multi carts. I cleaned both carts before trying to boot, with how sensitive they are I didn't want to risk anything.

If you can't do it yourself I'll be happy to do them for you.

the NG cart has the chip on the back with wires coming from it to the cart, no sticker on the sh2 to specify which model. I'm the same guy trying to get the chips flashed who sent you a message. Unfortunately, it seems no one around my area has the right adapter. I've got a hot air rework station and know how to do it all. The whole point for me is to do it myself so I have the experience. I appreciate the offer sir!

Last edited:
Back