What's new

XianXi

Professional
Reaction score
This is the latest item from JNX.

This is a CPS2/CPS1 to Namco System 11/12 Kick harness adapter w/right channel stereo breakout.

v1.0 currently supports only 4 buttons games (Can be modded for 6 buttons by adding two wires)
v1.1 will support 6 button games

Simply plug in your CPS2 or CPS1 kickharness and then plug in the adapter to your PCB.

namco-cps2.jpg

I'm trying to clear out the v1.0s so if you want one, I can sell them for a nice discounted price if anyone wants one.

Attachments

• namco-cps2-back.jpg
    namco-cps2-back.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 1,520
Last edited:
How many V1.0 versions do you have to move. This is a really good idea as the Namco connectors were shit. Can you show a picture of the other side? I want to see how it conneccts to the pcb.

How many V1.0 versions do you have to move. This is a really good idea as the Namco connectors were shit. Can you show a picture of the other side? I want to see how it conneccts to the pcb.
I need to check how many I have left. I've added a picture of the back. It uses a slightly modified 48p card edge connector.

I need to check how many I have left. I've added a picture of the back. It uses a slightly modified 48p card edge connector.
Ah. Very nice. This definitely looks like a sturdier option. The ability to use CPS harnesses is a plus, really.

Ah. Very nice. This definitely looks like a sturdier option. The ability to use CPS harnesses is a plus, really.
I'm also in the process of making the opposite of it. Basically a small PCB that slides into a Namco kick harness for people with Namco dedicated cabs.

is there a way to source these edge connectors without sacrificing an arm and a leg? Were you able to locate a suitable replacement for the original part? This are a real pain to get hands on.

is there a way to source these edge connectors without sacrificing an arm and a leg? Were you able to locate a suitable replacement for the original part? This are a real pain to get hands on.
The original edge connectors are made by Hirose. I'm sure someone in Japan can find them no problem.

Nice product :)

Yeah they are to get hold of, I tried searching for something suitable a while back without much joy.

I know Swallow Amusements have some [here] but it seems like they are not quite wide enough and it mentions needing to file the edge connector to fit it.

I wonder if XianiXi is using similar ones as it looks like he's opened up the sides on his adapter, which is much better than modding the Namco PCBs to suit :thumbup:

Nice product :)

Yeah they are to get hold of, I tried searching for something suitable a while back without much joy.
I know Swallow Amusements have some [here] but it seems like they are not quite wide enough and it mentions needing to file the edge connector to fit it.

I wonder if XianiXi is using similar ones as it looks like he's opened up the sides on his adapter, which is much better than modding the Namco PCBs to suit :thumbup:
Yes, on the 48p ones I use I had to shave the inside edge as Namco boards have a wide edge on the Aux connector. This was the only 48p connector I could find.

FYI, the original Namco 48 pin connectors can be bought in very large quantities in Japan from many PCB shops for about 500Y each (that's about $5)

you'd probably need someone in Japan to buy them because most of the shops don't sell internationally.
and someone in Japan with arcade buying knowledge would know where to buy them.
otherwise buy on YJ etc

How much x3 v1.1 shipped to Germany?

Tnx!
Cheapest would be via Priority mail which would be $26. For the 3 adapters it would be $15 each or I can do $40 for 3 of them.

I received my v1.1 today. Wow, it's a thing of beauty. One step closer to standardizing everything to CPS2 for my incoming HAS. Thanks XianXi :D

Back