What's new
Additional picture of the cable after I repinned it so you can verify its a straight cable

Attachments

• 127825620_402703584181730_275258100001735441_n.jpg
    127825620_402703584181730_275258100001735441_n.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 168
I have seen a couple of these where the QSB isn't making enough contact. Try adding some flux and additional solder to the 2 connections you need to solder, particularly the one on the right.

Ok I'll give this a try, it makes me insanely nervous removing a reinserting the kit into the B board

Additional picture of the cable after I repinned it so you can verify its a straight cable
I appreciate the heads up on this!
I made an error when I sent out the first batch of cables during our move. I am very sorry about this!

The error is now corrected for future customers and will take care of anyone that this affected (about 15 customers) If you need help removing the pins or anything else....LMK!

Ok I'll give this a try, it makes me insanely nervous removing a reinserting the kit into the B board
which lines are used for reset on the B board btw?
You could leave it installed and add some extra solder to those pads

I think the clock line is used for reset (if you stop the clock signal the board stops running)

@HighScoreSaves You guys did nothing wrong, the cable I'm sure would have been correct for the champ edition as advertised, I just needed to convert it for my original kit and addon QSB but I appreciate the shout!

What's the latest firmware update for the old version (non-CE)? Kind of hard to figure this out by digging through the thread. Or is there a better/definitive place to look for that?

Thanks!

Awesome, thank you! Wanted to make sure that was the latest version.

When I play with my multi, my scores are not saved. Is that also your case?
Thx friends

You mean when you switch to a different game? Yes, totally normal just like the original hardware when you swap around B boards.
Someone come up with an addon board that does this. Stat! :P

Someone come up with an addon board that does this. Stat! :P
Who did?
Thx

PascalIP
You mean when you switch to a different game? Yes, totally normal just like the original hardware when you swap around B boards.
Really? I had no idea...
However I’ve already seen games run for years with my name kept in memory's highscores

Yes but if you change the b-board your scores will erase. The b-board does not save your scores. The A board does and when you swap the b-board it erases the scores.

Really? I had no idea...
However I’ve already seen games run for years with my name kept in memory's highscores
score is kept in the A board. So as long as it is keeps running the same game it should be fine ;)

Hi, I have one of the first CPS2 kits, and I want to update the firmware to use original encrypted roms. I checked the firmware upgrade guide and it says I should use this device: http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/STM32F4DISCOVERY/497-11455-ND/2711743 however it seems that is no longer available. What can I use instead? an Amazon.com link to it would be great (if possible). Thanks!

If you are in the US, I would suggest that you send it to @Mitsurugi-w, he'll update it for a small fee and you don't need to buy the Discovery.

Back