What's new
Got an issue I can't figure out. Everything installed and the system runs games just fine. However, while the remote does allow me to cycle and select games blind, the screen is always blank. Strange thing is that it worked for quite some time. I have multiple kits so I tried a different remote and the same thing happen! Can't figure out what's going on
Did the connector get loose on the B board somehow? Have you opened it and checked?

Quick question about compatibility, just want to make sure that I pick up boards that will work with it. Does this kit only work with certain color / region boards? Do the usual A <--> B matching rules apply, or does this kit you use a USA A board with an Asian B board?

Quick question about compatibility, just want to make sure that I pick up boards that will work with it. Does this kit only work with certain color / region boards? Do the usual A <--> B matching rules apply, or does this kit you use a USA A board with an Asian B board?
Doesn't matter. As long as your A and B boards are compatible with each other ie. no Asian A board with a US B board, then you'll have no issue.

I have a revision 4 board. Can I just replace the PAL-E on the board with the PAL-G I purchased from High Score Save OR do I still need to run a wire from the J17 pin to the PAL-G (assuming it's pin9?). The instructions are a bit unclear on this part. Thanks!

You need to replace the PAL and run the jumper wire on a rev 4

Hello everyone,

From 2019 March, I am enjoying the cps2 multi it works flawlessly. Yesterday I wanted to play but I couldn’t start, the sd was unplugged ok I opened the green box reinsert the micro sd the system worked but not the reset. After loading a game, I had to restart the supergun then the game started normally. I checked the four wires and noticed that one of them was unsolded. After struggling a little bit I could resold it. With everything plugged I restarted the system but only random colored pixels of unicolored screen appeared went I am changing the game. I am afraid to have maybe damage the board. On the multi power light and the light when a game is loading are functional. I would like to identify the problem : if it comes from the multi or the board .

Please do have any suggestion ?

You might have bridged the key writing wire to another component, check your soldering

You means the tiny component very close to the soldering point ? Yes I thought about it, I checked, but it is so tiny that it is difficult to see, I will recheck with a magnifying glass. Thank you

So I got in a non working MvC board today hoping to use it as a donor, its pretty obvious now that I look at the board in my hands that the battery leaked and caused some damage, especially to the component on D5. Is it even worth trying to repair of should I just scrap it for useful parts like its GPAL?

unnamed-1.jpg
unnamed-2.jpg
[/url] ">

That looks like it might be salvageable. Clean it up and see if it will boot before putting a multi kit on it.

Sorry I meant populating it with a decrypted ROM set to confirm it will actually run properly

sorry noob question but do I need to burn decrypted data on the sound EPROMs or just the program EPROMs?

Hi everyone,

I tried to clean up the spot where I had the unsolded point using copper and I unplugged the other 3 reset wires and tried to load the decrypted rom MVsC. Unfortunately I got a message "ram error" on the screen. I guess the multi is damaged. I added the link of two videos on you tube to show you and if you have some suggestion please tell me.

Cheers

It could also be your CPS2 hardware. At this point I would be asking someone to take a look and not risking any further potential damage.

Is there someone local to you who might be able to help? I see you're in Japan, maybe @lukemorse1 may be able to help? If not I'm in Australia but happy to have a look.

Thank you very much for your advice I appreciate it.
I will try to contact first some body in Japan, to test my board.
Because I did the soldering on the multi I though that the issue might come from the multi

cheers

I’m close to having my first CPS kit all together... but I’m hitting a weird issue. Each time I start it up it automatically goes into the test menu and when I click exit it goes back to the test menu yet again... any help appreciated

Back