What's new
i'm having problems with the reset wire

I do not have CN9 infact I have the V4 B board as in the picture you show above

I installed the wire exactly as shown in the pictures and my CPS2 when I start it just gives a blank screen
when I remove the wire link then the CPS2 runs just fine

can you help please
Please post a photo (as close as you can while still being clear) of CN1... also, please post a photo of your solder-work on the multi side.

will do

but trust me when I say I can do some real tiny micro soldering

that pad was like a helicopter landing pad for me

Fox,

Your kit was in the first batch. Did you upgrade your firmware before installing the wire?

2015-08-05%2023.02.55.jpg

It never hurts to have someone take a look at your work...:D
Your are right indeed and here you go, although I think Jeremy is right and I need a FW update

2015-08-05%2023.02.48.jpg

Fox,Your kit was in the first batch. Did you upgrade your firmware before installing the wire?
ah now the plot thickens, no I have not, can you explain to me how I do that and where the FW file is for this

Thanks

i'm having problems with the reset wire

I do not have CN9 infact I have the V4 B board as in the picture you show above

I installed the wire exactly as shown in the pictures and my CPS2 when I start it just gives a blank screen
when I remove the wire link then the CPS2 runs just fine

can you help please
Have you updated the firmware? You were one of the first ones getting your Multi, so for sure doesn't have the auto-reset function.

can you explain how the firmware update is performed and where to get the newest firmware from please

can you explain how the firmware update is performed and where to get the newest firmware from please
It's the first post of this thread. You have everything that you need there.
Cheers Pablo

Now I know why the Discovery is needed

looks like I will need to order that first before I can do anything

really not looking for ward to this update

those pins really scare me they so brittle

seeing as im taking the board off

can you please post me some spare pins and a stabiliser PCB board please

im happy to cover the postage costs and any pennies these items cost too

Last edited:
Cheers Pablo

Now I know why the Discovery is needed

looks like I will need to order that first before I can do anything

really not looking for ward to this update

those pins really scare me they so brittle

seeing as im taking the board off

can you please post me some spare pins and a stabiliser PCB board please

im happy to cover the postage costs and any pennies these items cost too
Sure. Will ship them tomorrow to you. Do you need long? short? how many?

Cheers PabloNow I know why the Discovery is neededlooks like I will need to order that first before I can do anythingreally not looking for ward to this updatethose pins really scare me they so brittleseeing as im taking the board offcan you please post me some spare pins and a stabiliser PCB board pleaseim happy to cover the postage costs and any pennies these items cost too
Long please

I have 2 that broke when I got the board so they need replacing and could I get 4 more just as backup please

so total 6 if that's ok

Thanks

Last edited:
Cheers PabloNow I know why the Discovery is neededlooks like I will need to order that first before I can do anythingreally not looking for ward to this updatethose pins really scare me they so brittleseeing as im taking the board offcan you please post me some spare pins and a stabiliser PCB board pleaseim happy to cover the postage costs and any pennies these items cost too
Long please

I have 2 that broke when I got the board so they need replacing and could I get 4 more just as backup please

so total 6 if that's ok

Thanks
OK.

WOW that was fast from RS Fre next day delivery and my Discovery has arrived just now

OK I give up with this

im about ready to sent this thing for a flying lesson

I read the instructions yesterday and today and made sure I understood it fully

I then started to connect it up and do the process, all went as planned and everything seems fine

the board updated as I expected it should have

plugged board back in and all I get is a blank screen

I tried loading a new game and it loads just fine and even resets with the message "all done enjoy"

but nothing except a blank screen

Make sure you put the small interconnect pcb back on the correct way when you ressembled it.

There have also been reports of issues being resolved by formatting and then re-populating the miniSD...

Is there still a way get a multi-sticker for the board? I didn't want to start a new thread for something like this :)

I skipped on ordering, and didn't think I'd need it, but seeing other ppl with em on their boards made me jealous.

Back