What's new
Jeremy, maybe you should add which exact Pin it is, because it is not clearly visible in your picture!

Jeremy, maybe you should add which exact Pin it is, because it is not clearly visible in your picture!
Thought I had mentioned it. It's B21 of that connector. Edited last post.

I could have released Eco Fighters back then (it *IS* Ultimate Ecology with a few intentional compiler/linker changes "protection measures" just to make it not match the original Japanese program ROM alignment). But then people would complain that we stole someone else's work.

Because of these "protection" measures, Eco Fighters has the program roms content "slightly shuffled" around to not match what is on the Japan version in order to make the xor clashing exploit more difficult to pull off. I will look into xor clashing more of those roms. Because I have Ultimate Ecology disassembled in IDA should be easy to figure out what was changed and maybe make it so we can automate decryption for the USA or Euro versions. I'll look into that for released sets when I get some free time.

We don't have standardized means to change the games region settings. But I can say that the Ultimate Ecology rom I released works fine in English if the region flag is changed. I actually tested that.

But releasing it changed that way would be way too lazy and it would open a new path for criticism... lol

I released ROMs with the sound test timer disabled. Some people criticized me for that... O_O

Criticism is the reason we opened these forums. More freedom for all of us. Release what you want. :)

If what happens here doesn't stay here then it's not your fault. :P
The reason why the removal of the sound test timer was criticized is obvious. It make Phoenix menu sound test feature a pretty moot point.

The reason why the removal of the sound test timer was criticized is obvious. It make Phoenix menu sound test feature a pretty moot point.
Phoenix roms aren't all bad. If it wasn't for the Phoenix roms this forum wouldn't exist. lol.

I don't understand.

Why do you a crap about other's opinion? Really. You do your thing and you release it for free. And if people aren't happy with this, well, they still can do it themselves. If they can't, well, they are the fucked ones, not you.

People will always complain. The more you give to them, the more they complain. But, what? Do what they say you is what you are?

Phoenix roms aren't all bad. If it wasn't for the Phoenix roms this forum wouldn't exist. lol.
I was not commenting of the "Phoenix roms" in particular. I was simply commenting on how anything made to improve the situation of the free romsets would cause negative reactions from the other party providing decrypted games.

It does make sense in the end, as after all it's a commercial venture, but it sure sucks that people would use such petty arguments to force their views in.

The ironic part is that all I did was follow the instructions posted at CPS2 shock on how to decrypt the games. My real reward after all that was learn a lot about 68000 instruction set and it's encoding and a little bit about compilers and linkers.

Edit: by real reward, I mean the knowledge I earned.

A huge thank you to everyone supporting and expanding these sets.

What is the best way to apply Spectre's name files, or are they already renamed correctly in the latest 150531 set?

What is the best way to apply Spectre's name files, or are they already renamed correctly in the latest 150531 set?
The latest Avalaunch set has them included. If you add other games yourself the easiest thing to do is copy a name file from another game and edit it with notepad.

Also notice that in the latest Avalaunch set Marvel Super Heroes USA is missing all files except .02 so you need to copy them from the other available set.

The latest Avalaunch set has them included. If you add other games yourself the easiest thing to do is copy a name file from another game and edit it with notepad.
Also notice that in the latest Avalaunch set Marvel Super Heroes USA is missing all files except .02 so you need to copy them from the other available set.
Great, thanks. Is that the only game that's missing files?

Added this picture to the first post. Anyone without the CN9 connector can add their auto-reset wire to B21 of this connector like so:
This is my version using CN9 with re-using a connector commonly found on a Sega wiring harness

Attachments

• DSCN8617.JPG
    DSCN8617.JPG
    183.6 KB · Views: 389
Last edited:
Hey 'Darksoft' im still waiting for the stabiliser PCB and the spare pins you promised to send a few weeks ago

i cant close the case till i ahve those and without the pins i get graphics glitches and am using ugly jumper wires to make the connection

thanks

Those were sent weeks ago. I'm not sure if registered mail or not, but certainly they were sent.

Can Anyone reupload Super Puzzle Fighter 2 again? The link is down.

Thanks!

Back